When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lucky find... a gen PAM 183G safe queen

projectologist

I was going through the archives at several of the usual gen sites and came across an older sales post for a PAM 183G that had been recently serviced. That's always a plus with older PAM's as you get a 1 yr warranty with it. The price was approx. 15% below market with Overnight shipping and PP fees included. So I figured I'd email the seller hoping it might still be available. It was! Plus it turned out to be a total safe queen. The seller was a great guy to deal with and threw in an extra strap... a nice Delaurian made vintage. Gotta love the G series version! More formal pics to follow.

Not looking forward to strap changes though, with micro screws like these, scratches are going to be unavoidable :o

183g03.jpg

183g01.jpg

Nothing like the real thing!!! What is "market value" in your opinion?

Lately G series have been trading at $4200-4400 complete but with the usual wear of a 5 yr old watch.

LNIB with recent full service/warranty $4500-4600. Retail currently $5900.

G's are the unique ones so they usually trade a little higher.

That IS a nice watch ! :1a:

I am waiting for my 186G ( replika! ) from Capice this week :)

I saw a link on Youtub how to change the strap on a 183G, search for radiomir panerai 183 and I think You will find it!

Good luck with it!

Thank you for the YouTube suggestion!

The 183G reps are very close to gen as I found out this weekend. I was impressed. Make sure to post pics after it arrives.

Nice one.

Just to let you know it was probably no safe queen. If it has an early service, panerai will not do a full polish without it.

It was probably banged to all hell and then he sent it in to be serviced and polished at the same time.

Either way I would not care but an early service like that would be random unless it was done to refinish.

Great watch. I actual prefer the E-G movements much better than the current movement finish.

Nice one.

Just to let you know it was probably no safe queen. If it has an early service, panerai will not do a full polish without it.

It was probably banged to all hell and then he sent it in to be serviced and polished at the same time.

Either way I would not care but an early service like that would be random unless it was done to refinish.

Yeah, that's always a possibility. Another reason to buy the seller, not the watch.

He sent along the receipt from Richemont... the service was performed last month and was movement only. He had the watch since new in 2004, so felt although only wound on weekends that after 5 yrs. he should have the movement checked. Refinish was not necessary and cleaning/oiling the movement with regulation was the only service required, as well as new gaskets and lube.

Plus, I have seen examples of Panerai's refinishes and it's quite easy to tell. Upon close inspection one can see a bit of the case edge crispness lacking as well as edge softening around any engraving. Not in this case.