When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacing lost Retro GMT, help me pick another!

Bark3rd

Been trolling off and on for awhile now, I bought the "Retro" Joshua GMTII last year and after fiddling with it a bit, really liked it. It got all the wrist time, my UPO just sits now (I think I may use it for my new boat anchor). As variety is the spice of life, I'd like to try a different model, currently I am eyeing two items, one from Josh, one from Chris. This is to be my main watch, worn every day with suit and tie. Right now I am leaning towards the Josh vintage model, but am unsure as to the quality of this piece, cant find any write ups on it. Pleny of info on the GMTIIC (Chris) though, looks like it is very accurate. So mostly what I seek are pros/cons of the Josh vintage piece. Thanks for your input.

Vintage:

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlgv10012-vintage-b...362-p-4138.html

Been trolling off and on for awhile now, I bought the "Retro" Joshua GMTII last year and after fiddling with it a bit, really liked it. It got all the wrist time, my UPO just sits now (I think I may use it for my new boat anchor). As variety is the spice of life, I'd like to try a different model, currently I am eyeing two items, one from Josh, one from Chris. This is to be my main watch, worn every day with suit and tie. Right now I am leaning towards the Josh vintage model, but am unsure as to the quality of this piece, cant find any write ups on it. Pleny of info on the GMTIIC (Chris) though, looks like it is very accurate. So mostly what I seek are pros/cons of the Josh vintage piece. Thanks for your input.

Vintage:

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlgv10012-vintage-b...362-p-4138.html

I guess I have authored a dud of a thread. It is exciting to have that "feeling" back. I went totally dead on reps for awhile until recently when my most treasured gen (Bvulgari Scuba) and rep (Retro GMT) came up missing. Could have been the maid or the babysitter or possibly, I stashed them somewhere and havent found them yet. Maybe this situation would have made for a better threadl Back to lurk mode...see you in another year.

I guess I have authored a dud of a thread. It is exciting to have that "feeling" back. I went totally dead on reps for awhile until recently when my most treasured gen (Bvulgari Scuba) and rep (Retro GMT) came up missing. Could have been the maid or the babysitter or possibly, I stashed them somewhere and havent found them yet. Maybe this situation would have made for a better threadl Back to lurk mode...see you in another year.

I didn't take them.

Perhaps you are looking for these:

post-180-1245636496_thumb.jpg

post-180-1245636529_thumb.jpg

Carl

GMT... my favorite subject. :)

You only have 2 serious options (from reps):

bklm1234 can provide the best version of the "old" 16710 model. I have compared that rep to genuine in my section. Read the article here.

Another very good option is the "Ultimate GMT IIc". Review here.

Just make sure you get the correct version as there are inferior ones out there. Again, I recommend bklm1234 who really knows his stuff.

Happy hunting!

PS: All replicas of the vintage 1675 are hmm... not that great.

Thanks very much! I was hoping to hear from you By Tor, I too am a gmt freak. I have 25 watches and for 6 mo I only wore my Bvlgari gen and my GMT rep and now they are both gone. Its a tough situation, both the maid and the babysitter are still working for us, I leave watches out all the time and none ever come missing. I cant imagine what happened to them as I take them off when I get home, set them in my room somewhere and put them back on the nxt day. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Im so frustrated but I think they would have turned up by now. I will closely heed your suggestions, thanks again.

GMT... my favorite subject. :)

You only have 2 serious options (from reps):

bklm1234 can provide the best version of the "old" 16710 model. I have compared that rep to genuine in my section. Read the article here.

Another very good option is the "Ultimate GMT IIc". Review here.

Just make sure you get the correct version as there are inferior ones out there. Again, I recommend bklm1234 who really knows his stuff.

Happy hunting!

PS: All replicas of the vintage 1675 are hmm... not that great.

i'd set up a hidden cam if i were you.....

Thanks very much! I was hoping to hear from you By Tor, I too am a gmt freak. I have 25 watches and for 6 mo I only wore my Bvlgari gen and my GMT rep and now they are both gone. Its a tough situation, both the maid and the babysitter are still working for us, I leave watches out all the time and none ever come missing. I cant imagine what happened to them as I take them off when I get home, set them in my room somewhere and put them back on the nxt day. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Im so frustrated but I think they would have turned up by now. I will closely heed your suggestions, thanks again.

At my house...I have to check the toilet, or the toy box. We have sticky fingers in my household...sometimes they steal watches...sometimes it's just messy popsicle eating.

The vintage ones are tough, as there's usually so much that is wrong with them..."aging" being an added complication. Crystals are often in need of replacing, and that can be tricky as the rep cases often don't take the aftermarket Clarks vintage like tropic reps. Pearls are usually in need of replacing with expensive vintage tritium ones...crowns are the wrong size, bezels aren't brass or have the wrong profile, datewheels aren't silver, etc, etc...tricky business.

The GMT IIc I think is a real looker and BT's advice on the subject is second to none.