When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

27A movement 2892-A2 same as ETA 2892-A2

l3x

I'm having problems with my 2892-A2 in my PAM 27a. May need to get it replaced.

Does anyone know if the ETA 2892-A2 from ofrei or cousins is the same as that of the 2892-A2 in the PAM 27A (minus the Soprod PR)?

Was thinking of picking one up to do a swap.

thnx, lex

The mainspring arbour, the great wheel, the cannon gear, hour wheel, and seconds wheel are all different and will need to be removed from the modified Soprod movement and installed into the new ETA movement.

The mainplate is also different if I remember, its' modified and stuff is added to allow the Soprod module to attach to it.

Why not simply service the existing movement??

The mainspring arbour, the great wheel, the cannon gear, hour wheel, and seconds wheel are all different and will need to be removed from the modified Soprod movement and installed into the new ETA movement.

The mainplate is also different if I remember, its' modified and stuff is added to allow the Soprod module to attach to it.

Why not simply service the existing movement??

Thanks for the info R. Unfortunately none of the local watchsmith are rep friendly.

The problem is that I cannot set the time of the watch forward...I can only set it by going backwards.

Hmmm...that is a strange defect.

Since it's the same gears that drive the hands when setting the time, I would almost think that the crown is loose on the stem.

If that's not the problem, I can't guess what could be wrong, very weird.

I don't think it makes any difference if it started life as a 2893 or 2892, there are so many new parts and changes that the basic movement doesn't matter...

When I attempt to set the time forward, the crown turns, and I can hear tiny clicks as I turn the dial. The hands move forward up to like 15 minutes and stops. But if I turn it in the opposite the direction I see no problems.

Hmmm...that is a strange defect.

Since it's the same gears that drive the hands when setting the time, I would almost think that the crown is loose on the stem.

If that's not the problem, I can't guess what could be wrong, very weird.

I don't think it makes any difference if it started life as a 2893 or 2892, there are so many new parts and changes that the basic movement doesn't matter...

My god! He does exist. I was starting to think that "The Zigmeister" was just a mythical legend started on the rep boards to keep us noobs constantly pursuing the ultimate mod :)

Seriously though, you must be a very busy man. But I hope that your workload will lighten in the near future, and that, after a well deserved rest, I manage to make contact.

• 1 month later...

So I was a bit bummed with the purchased of this troubled 27A. But now the problem is resolved.

I want to thank The Zigmeister for his help. Some problems are best left to the experts. And boy did he fix up my baby. Not only was the movement repaired, it was serviced, I also had vintage lume done, and crown guard modification done. I am as happy as I can be. Thanks to The Zigmeister.

Pictured on a MP strap.

27a_0.jpg

27a_1.jpg

27a_2.jpg