When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Possible bezel screw solution

veja74

So, just a little history first. A good friend of mine made several comments on my watches on numerous occasions and I finally confessed to him that they were reps. He immediately became interested and jumped right into the hobby and started reading these forums, if you are reading this... Hi Brian! Anyway, he really liked my V2 Skyland and when I mentioned to him I was going to sell it he promptly bought it from me to make it his first rep. Before handing it over to him I pulled any loose bezel screws and reset them with Loctite. He recently came to me and said a screw fell out and wanted to know where he could get one. I have had the same lack of success as everybody else... until now.

Brian came up with the idea of trying eyeglass screws. While at the drugstore I picked up one of those $2 eyeglass repair kits and took it over to his house. We found a couple of screws in the kit that look like they will fit perfectly! The slot is a little thicker but the head is the perfect size. He will be cutting the post down to about 1mm and setting it in the bezel. Once it is done we will submit pics, but I think this may be a quick and cheap solution to those of you who have lost bezel screws.

Good luck to all and I had better not see anybody selling "custom made bezel screws" for $20 each now ;) ;) ;)