When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Me so horny

I had a gen Safari on my wrist an hour ago. The guy wanted $14,200, before haggling. I told my wife to start saving up, because my birthday is in August.

What a sweet ride in person. (The watch, not my wife. You think I didn't see that coming?) But I have to tell you, I have two AP ROO reps and the look and feel is amazingly similar to the gen.

I don't have the Safari rep yet, but I will soon. Once I've had it for a couple of days, I'm going to go back and try that gen on again. And if it looks and feels pretty much the same, I won't be shocked. And I won't be pining away for the gen, or feel that I'm missing out.

Unless I had WAAAYYY more money than sense, for me, it seems nuts to spend 14 large on a stainless steel watch and an admittedly great movement, when for a couple of pennies on the dollar, I could have something so close to the original.

I've been wearing a Bvlgari Diagano Titanium rep for a couple of days this week. Yesterday at lunch I walked into the Bvlgari store and tried on the gen. Other than the fact that the gen was so light I thought it might float away, I thought the rep was at least as good as the gen, and the rep strap was BETTER than the gen strap. The text on the rep was crisp and clear and on the gen was kinda sloppy and smeared. I was really surprised.

The quality of the reps these days is hard to believe, compared to the fake Rolex I bought in Tijuana 20 years ago.

Well, since we're talking about Safaris, here's mine on an AP BANDs dark brown Hornback:

apsafari.jpg

aprooonbrncroc3.jpg

on a black AP Bands Carbon Fiber with Red Stitching:

safari2cup1024xe4.jpg

on Gen Rubber:

safariwrst3zs5.jpg

under water:

p2100167hl9.jpg

diving:

p2100146hz7.jpg