When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Eye Candy Macs ~ Avenger Seawolf

Wow.. good to see the pictorial is still helping members decide..

Coolfire.. gave this it's nickname .. "The Yellow Submarine"

it looks better IMO.. on a black divers strap or .. the one I got from HK.. black with yellow stiching.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the yellow dial really grew on all of us.. it wasn't an instant "gotta have".. but soon came to be.. B)

Live Strong and Wear it Well

AC

Lani

Hi Lani,

Fantastic set of photos, beautiful work. Having done some photography myself (never macro though) I was wondering 2 things, first witch macro lens did you use, every picture looks extremely sharp and looks from a very good quality lens. Second is how did you light your subject, did you use a lightbox with macro ilumination or did you use a traditional bounced speedlight?

Thanks,

Rod

Thank you RR..

these were taken with a Nikor 60mm and Sigma 105mm macro...I'mnot a "photog" .. I actually just started the photography for the watches.. I had just gotten my D60 not too long before these were taken at the beginning of the year..

they are too bright as I would do it more like this now

breitlingavengerseawolf.jpg

I used studio lights for this.. no light box.. just covers on the lamps.. I don't know all the language behind photo shoots as believe it or not I never read any books on how to ... just kinda try and get better with more repetitions .. practice and a lot of watches... :lol:

I like to play with natural lighting like this

doxa300androlexmigrausso.jpg

and this with natural lighting

vc1665drsd038.jpg

IMO.. the key to good macro's is manual focusing.. you will not get the same with auto mode (camera) and auto focus (lens)..so everything I do in macro is manual settings and focus.. which is why I take so long.. out of 70 to 100 pics I could get maybe 10 pics that I am happy with..

Manual settings since I'm not a pro.. is ad lib.. so this is a manual mac shot

vc1665drsd006.jpg

and then cropped to this

vc1665drsd005.jpg

manual.. i could not take this shot using auto focus...this is a .25 sec exposure..

milgauss011.jpg

the 60mm lens let's you get right up to the subject.. 105mm is more for landscape and wider area's ..it's.. the 60mm is more challenging to focus.. for me.. there are many Professionals here .. this is just a hobby for my watches.. :D

once you get into it.. it can be just as addicting as watch collecting.. in fact I think here they go hand in hand.

AC

Lani