When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TrustyTime noobmariner?

MasterJere

Hey guys!

I have fallen in love with trustytime's website over the past couple of days and I'm thinking about getting a few "noobs" from him. Can anyone here in the community confirm that he does in fact sell real "noobfactory" stuff and how is his quality? Any feedback on Andrew and his submariners in particular would really help me make this purchase :-)

I love this place!!! Were have you guys been for the last 10 years of my life?! :-P

Jeremiah

Instead of getting a few noobs why not a bk wm9 v2 which is 99% perfect. Build quality is superior to any noobfactory watch. As for an answer to your question im not sure but probably. I know eurotimez 100% does have it and you can request shots of your watch prior to shipping at no additional charge.

Marty,

It's rumored on here, and other forums, that the noobfactory (place of assembly) submariners are the best quality for the price BAR NONE. for about 100 bucks you get a high-grade, well assembled, absolute beauty... In my book thats not to shabby... So I guess you could call it the style of a manufaturor, or there assembly style...

Cheers,

Jeremiah

What exactly does "noobfactory" mean. Is it a style of manufacture? Additionally, what does the term "closed factory" mean, other than the obvious?

Thanks, Marty

Noobfactory is an actual watch assembly shop in the Ghangzhou area of China. The first watch from there was the noobmariner- SN F520117- which came out 4 years ago. A good deal back in those days, it also came with the eta movt (for a little more $). Other watches made by the noofactory are the GMT II, Explorer II, SSD- Super Sea-Dweller, the newer M serial 16610 sub and who knows what else.

These are still a good deal for $100 or more w/ the eta, but a highoey says, the WM9v2 is really the most accurate sub out there at this point, but not everyone wants to spent the $500+. I consider the noob a great beater and surprisingly a lot of them are WR out of the box- my two are.

Theyre very good as a $100 beater watch and look awesome, but are also VERY flawed. So if youre very rough on stuff reserve this watch for playtime but I wouldnt use it as a showcase piece. Even moddin it to its limit(crown crown tube eta mvmnt insert +tools needed) which would put you in or close to wm9 territory it still will have few tragic flaws. So if youre looking for something accurate and the jewel of your collection as far as Rolexs go invest in the wm9 no regrets, but if youre just looking for a cheap thrill and want the BEST value get a noob... Or get both... I did* ones for work , ones for going out, both very different model years, and one has lug holes*

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee