When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100 Chrono 7753 w/oem strap

bollobandit

Here's my santos 100 chrono two tone w/7753 movement. I replaced the rep strap with OEM and IMO it makes a huge difference. THis is apparently the 14k wrapped gold. I've sanded down the clasp and polished it..the gold plating looks like it's pretty thick cause it survived the sanding ;) ...enjoy the pics.

Let's start with the strap. Left is the rep and right is OEM.

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

The watch

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2695.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2709.jpg

IMG_2713.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

I sanded and polished the clasp...thought the gold plating will be gone however it survived.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2734.jpg

Sure does look gen.

How much does a gen go for and how much is this franken.

Tried the exact model several times at the AD and this is spot on. Just a massive watch wears bigger than SA or GMT.... Only visible signs are the flat screws on bezel and backcase...other than that this is incredibly accurate. Gen is approx. $12k CDN. This one is 12% of gen :)

does this bezel just screw off to swap it to the stainless?

if so can the more accurate flat screws be ordered from the AD as well bollo?

Trust me the screws on the bezel is not noticeable....No one would ever tell. A guy in my office has the gen ss non-chrono version and handled this watch....he absolutely loved it.

I have the ss kit and may some day swap it but for now the tt will stay :D

Excellent one of my grail watches for sure. It's what got me into the rep game. It is big but not HUGE. It seemed big before i started getting into watches. Maybe i could pull off a jumbo breitling then. Just need to work on the forearms. I also felt that the breitlings wore bigger i dunno. I have the 7750 version and it's mint as well really positive feel to the watch and great fit and finish. Almost lost some caseback screws though and it's running slow by a couple minutes a day.

Bollo how big are your wrists? And it looks like you are wearing the strap looser. I wear this one quite tight and the clasp digs in. Is the gen strap more flexible near the lugs compared to the rep strap?

My wrist are 7"...wear my bentley motors and gmt all the time and feel very comfortable with these but for some reason the santos feels a lot bigger perhaps I have the straps too loose. The OEM straps are definately more flexible and softer than the rep...night and day difference...the feel is so much better. Highly recommend getting the OEM alligator strap.

Ya me to,guess i should pick up a Chanel while at it...

Must have been that parade downtown,feeling funky... 8)

Thats good form Dave, new watch for you and one for your wife.

Im surprised you took in the festivities this past weekend :p As for the funky feeling........thats to be expected with all the garbage thats all over toronto. We're spoiled being in cities where they pick up garbage!