When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Service Center - FW, Texas

RedSoxMan

Sending my 024 F off for a few things since the movement is running fast (it's under warranty, since it was fully serviced this year by the prior owner).

I might replace the bezel, since I hear they're pretty cheap.

I've heard it can take a while to get service--at least that was the case a year ago. Anyone sent them a Pam lately? Will they give you back replaced parts (i.e. can I get the old bezel back--or do they keep it.).

Any wisdom on this appreciated.

RSM

DSC_0011-14.jpg

Edited by RedSoxMan

Probably should remove bezel first... the bezel can definitely get knocked off...

If the bezel is removed prior make sure to include it with the watch when shipped. They only replace parts they get, not that are "lost" (unless an AD vouches for you).

8 weeks is pretty much the average turnaround time.

Damn bastards; sound like they're onto our shenanigans... thx for the advice, everyone. I think the pearl is already superlume (as are the hands.). Must have been replaced by prior owner. The T-Dial I'm going to protect with my life. I'll let you guys know what transpires.

;) RSM

Keep the original bezel on the watch...they will not return the original to you if you have it replaced. If anything...just have them tighten it up.

Can't be tightened up... I tried that. What causes it to get loose is the plastic insert with teeth that wears down. Rather than replace just that, they replace the entire bezel unit.

They retain parts to keep a tight grip on their parts distribution. Part of it, I'm sure is to also counter the franken builders and the sort to a certain degree, but their larger concern I believe is to control the parts market (i.e. keeping secondary and used parts markets to a minimum) and price compression levels. i.e. if you want genuine parts for your genuine Panerai, the only option is through the Panerai Service Center; taking the watch to a 3rd party source will not net the same results.

Rolex did the same, cutting off many independent watchmakers from being able to obtain parts, etc. by closing accounts over time.