When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new divers watch

jmarin.72

Ok guys,it has been a while since my mind was stuck on this Seiko watch and i was wondering whether it was worth getting it

I really liked the overall design and the depth rate that this baby was able to to go for so little money.Besides Seiko is a

well know brand name for producing real workhorses and very durable watches.

So 4 or 5 days ago i was hanging at the bay and i decided to bid on an Orange Monster just for the fan and thrill of the

auction.I wasn't eager to give more than 120 euros (which was my first and only bid fot this auction!!!)...Well guess what...i won

and the watch is sitting on my wrist now!!!

Impressions...hm...to be honest i was expecting it to be a little bigger...and a little heavier...but despite this the watch sits perfectly

on the wrist,the orange dial really makes the watch stand out and also the bezel is a beauty with big and easy to read numbers

The crystal is a Seiko hardlex patent,scratch resistant and i like the way it sits below the bezel...this way stays protected from any kind

of nasty bumps that could harm it in any way.I also like the position of the crown which is located at 4' and this way it does not get in

the way of the wrist moves,brilliant....BTW the watch does not have a hack mechanism so the seconds counter keeps moving at all

crown positions.This is a day-date model and one nice feature is that the day can be displayed in one of two languages...English and

hm...i think Latin...yeap... :D

Last but not least...the lume...i got to say that Seiko lume is one of the best i have ever seen...

somehow i don't think it is superluminova...looks different...maybe i am wrong.

Anyway here are some shots i got a few moments ago,hope you like 'em!!! ;)

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

Well-done. I got 3 Seikos, one of which is an OM with SS bracelet. I think it is the finest value I've ever seen in the watch world. I'm going camping and waterskiing later this week and that's the watch I will bring.

Well-done. I got 3 Seikos, one of which is an OM with SS bracelet. I think it is the finest value I've ever seen in the watch world. I'm going camping and waterskiing later this week and that's the watch I will bring.

I totally agree all the way with ya CS...It is summer time here in the Med so i needed a summer look diver's watch and this is definitely the one i am going to take on my vacation

trip with!!! :D

You can' go wrong with Seiko Monsters. I have the black monster. Absolute value for money.... Brightest lume I have ever seen.

The lume was the first thing that made a great impression to me...not only the brightest i have ever seen but also a very long lasting one...

i think Seiko calls it Lumebright or something like that...and they use quite a large amount of quantity!!!

And i agree...This watch is the best value for money...