When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DOA AP ROO-Puretime

Recieved the AP ROO stainless today well packed , took about a week. the problem is that the Chrono at the "9" the "10, 20, 30 " hand is detached . it is floating in the face. is this an easy thing to fix?? how hard is the face removal and attaching the hand. Everything else about the watch is beautiful

Provided the hand is ok (tube not damaged) - what you need to do is the following:

Unscrew the caseback screws. Remove caseback. Unscrew 2 movement-holder screws. Carefully push the release button of the stem and remove Stem. Remove movement. Re-attach chrono hand.

post-2851-1247002181_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1247002200_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1247002235_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1247002250_thumb.jpg

To me, every shipment of a rep through customs is a potential risk. What I would do is have the watch serviced. Irrespective of the dealers responsability to send you a working watch, the ROO @12 sooner or later needs proper servicing, preferably with a graphite treatment. Since it is a rather expensive rep and provided you consider it a keeper, the investment is worth it. In that process, the hands would be a no issue since they would have to be removed by the watchsmith anyway.

Sorry to hear about your ROO. Had a very similar issue with mine.

Would be really interested if anyone can suggest a reputable guy in UK/EU for graphite treatment. Sounds like the way to go!!!!

For what it's worth, get it serviced sooner rather than later, it'll cost more down the line... trust me:)

A

Thanks for all the input. Have e-mailed Jacky Chen who the paypal went to and had no responce. Even though i want another on a strap. I am in Florida and would love to know who i could send to for the full service you describe. I dont notice any scratches on the face so i think would be ok to have serviced. It is definatly a keeper

I'm not 100% sure, but RWG modder Vacuum may be able to help? Check his section. The Zigmeister is in Canada and can definitely help.

Thanks for all the input. Have e-mailed Jacky Chen who the paypal went to and had no responce. Even though i want another on a strap. I am in Florida and would love to know who i could send to for the full service you describe. I dont notice any scratches on the face so i think would be ok to have serviced. It is definatly a keeper

Vaccum is also in Florida...and it's probably a good idea to have it serviced, these models seem to have issues when they are not serviced.