When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getatwatch Co. - homage watches

JohnG

What would be the best shipping option on these?

Registered Airmail ($$$!) or good old EMS?

I thought both were trackable but which one is bestest?! lol

I am soooo tempted to get one of these, even though I can't afford it...

Damn this rep business, damn it!! :D

I went for EMS just because it is quicker. The watches showed up before the tracking info on EMS's website! :lol:

What would be the best shipping option on these?

Registered Airmail or good old EMS?

I thought both were trackable but which one is bestest?! lol

I am soooo tempted to get one of these, even though I can't afford it...

Damn this rep business, damn it!! :D

I went Registered Airmail and the darn thing showed up in 5 days! Can't get any faster than that from HK to US!

I went Registered Airmail and the darn thing showed up in 5 days! Can't get any faster than that from HK to US!

same thing happened to me on another watch from HK, makes me wonder why I bothered with EMS....

Oh well, the important thing is that they are HERE!

Oh, getting slightly back on topic ;)

Is there really a weight difference between the SS and Ti cases?

It looks to be 85g vs 75g, which isn't really a lot, and I was expecting a bigger difference given what I've read on here about Ti being so light!

I'm undecided on the Ti or brushed SS finish so advice and comments would be gratefully received :)

• Like 1

Kinda thinking of ordering a 'budget' watch...

I want to know how these Homage Panerai compare to other budget offerings eg the $108 Panerai watches offered by WatchEden.

Is the quality of these homage watches very good, in terms of physical feel and is the rotar in the movement nois like most Asian '21j' movements?

Thanks

I want to know how these Homage Panerai compare to other budget offerings eg the $108 Panerai watches offered by WatchEden.

Is the quality of these homage watches very good, in terms of physical feel and is the rotar in the movement nois like most Asian '21j' movements?

Thanks

I prefer the cheap homages to the cheapie watcheden stuff.. cavaet would be the PWC $99 Fiddy.

Thanks

The homages are better for the most part - the best of them being the hand-wind models (which also applies to the majority of the branded reps, too).

There are some good budget PAMs around, but they're seriously outnumbered by the crappy ones. T4D/PWC are the people to go to if you want a good budget PAM and aren't sure of what you're looking at elsewhere...

I looked at these two websites:

GetaWatch website

jackson website

"Automatic mechanical 6497 Unitas movement

Automatic-winding (power reserve when in motion)

Power Reserve 42 Hour (after 5 hours of motion) "

Are the movements the same and does the movement in the Jackson function as normal automatic, ie wearing it and moving around during the day will power it up.

Ok to the board which would you go for, the GetaWatch OR Jackson.

In the case of the GetaWatch, the black leather or black rubber strap :D

The homages are better for the most part - the best of them being the hand-wind models (which also applies to the majority of the branded reps, too).

There are some good budget PAMs around, but they're seriously outnumbered by the crappy ones. T4D/PWC are the people to go to if you want a good budget PAM and aren't sure of what you're looking at elsewhere...

Edited by P_Diddy

do you have a link to the Fiddy on PWC website? :D

assuming that PWC = Prestige Watch Company aka Robert?

cheers

PD

I looked at these two websites:

GetaWatch website

jackson website

"Automatic mechanical 6497 Unitas movement

Automatic-winding (power reserve when in motion)

Power Reserve 42 Hour (after 5 hours of motion) "

Are the movements the same and does the movement in the Jackson function as normal automatic, ie wearing it and moving around during the day will power it up.

Ok to the board which would you go for, the GetaWatch OR Jackson.

In the case of the GetaWatch, the black leather or black rubber strap :D

The Jackson site has a misprint - the 6497 is handwind, not automatic. Josh's cheap GMT's use a 21j automatic GMT function movement. You could ask in the Panerai forum about the rep of that movement. I am sure that the movements used by both Getatwatch and Jackson are that same movement. At the price they sell at is sure ain't an ETA.

So yes, moving around will wind it up.

Getatwatch has a nicer site, well organized, have heard good things about Jackson but his site is hard to navigate and doesn't list prices (that I can find anyway). I would contact him and get a price quote. I am a little biased because I just bought from Getatwatch and it was like ordering from an good U.S. online retailer - easy, fast, efficient, no hassle, GREAT product.

As to straps, I like the new ones thay are listing in their strap section. Take a look - they are cool and if you like them maybe they can put on on the GMT and charge you a little more (they are nicer imho). Otherwise, I like the rubber....

what's the lume like on the GetaWatch homage?

can you post some pics please?

cheers

PD

The Jackson site has a misprint - the 6497 is handwind, not automatic. Josh's cheap GMT's use a 21j automatic GMT function movement. You could ask in the Panerai forum about the rep of that movement. I am sure that the movements used by both Getatwatch and Jackson are that same movement. At the price they sell at is sure ain't an ETA.

So yes, moving around will wind it up.

Getatwatch has a nicer site, well organized, have heard good things about Jackson but his site is hard to navigate and doesn't list prices (that I can find anyway). I would contact him and get a price quote. I am a little biased because I just bought from Getatwatch and it was like ordering from an good U.S. online retailer - easy, fast, efficient, no hassle, GREAT product.

As to straps, I like the new ones thay are listing in their strap section. Take a look - they are cool and if you like them maybe they can put on on the GMT and charge you a little more (they are nicer imho). Otherwise, I like the rubber....