When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK Sea Dweller 1665 DRSD

JamesJackson

Hi Im considering buying an MBK Sea Dweller 1665 from eurotimez88.com and replacing the dial with gen comex or double red dial, and maybe some other gen parts...however if anyone could give any offer any advice as to weather the gen dials will fit the eta movement...etc and also where one could find a person to actually perform the modifications. Any help would be great!

Hi Im considering buying an MBK Sea Dweller 1665 from eurotimez88.com and replacing the dial with gen comex or double red dial, and maybe some other gen parts...however if anyone could give any offer any advice as to weather the gen dials will fit the eta movement...etc and also where one could find a person to actually perform the modifications. Any help would be great!

Hey James,

Welcome aboard!

From someone who has been down the road you're considering, here's my humble advice:

Reps are great fun, and building them is a creative road to learning much more about the watches you own than most folks out there who will just go and buy a watch off the shelf.

If you're considering Comex or DRSD, Big Crown was selling a terrific looking modded gen dial with Comex. Other than that, you'll never find a better one unless it's attached to a 100k watch.

Decent rep DRSD dials are out there, but they are few and far between. I've got one on a singer blank that I was going to install into a super franken, but have since changed my mind because I am concentrating on gens. I plan on selling it soon, along with a lot of my other parts (both gen and rep) from projects that were waiting to be built. 100% gen DRSD dials are practically non-existent, but if found are way out of reach financially, and (IMO) certainly wouldn't make sense installing into a fake watch.

Good luck with your projects

JJ

I believe I have read that the newer MBW's do not accept the Gen parts as well as the older ones did. If you're going Franken you may want to look into that before ordering from Eurotimez which I believe are the "newer" ones.

The older ones pop up on here occasionally and typically go for a pretty penny. Keep your eye out in the for sale section, I may be listing my older MBW 1665 with Gen Superdome, Gen crown & tube, drilled lugs, and aged insert.