When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Rolex date disc, installed in a WM9 Yachtmaster

I managed to pick up a genuine Rolex date disc :)

7d901sbl.jpg

The disc is clean, no marks ^_^

How easy (or possible) is it for this to be installed as the date overlay on the WM9 Yachtmaster? I am unsure how the date overlay system works, and if the measurements would be OK ^_^

My current date disc overlay has a scratch on number 4 and a couple of the dates are not aligned.....

Cheers! B)

A pic side by side would be nice :)

E.

Well I have the WM9 watch, and the gen date disc, but that is it. So I have nothing to compare too..... ;)

I don't want to (nor could I) do this myself, but just want to find out if it can be done, in terms of measurements. I am thinking the gen date disc could be used as the overlay, in place of the existing rep overlay......

Hey that is fantasic news indeed! :)

Do you have any pictures of your watch please? I would love to see how it turned out B)

Thanks very much! ^_^

Sure, I'll make some tonight.

The movement is a swiss 2836-2 and I swapped the rep overlay for the gen date wheel.

Because the Rolex date wheel is thicker than the rep overlay, I removed the paint of the Eta date wheel and sanded it a little.

Now the Eta + Rolex is the same thickness as the old Eta + overlay. (do I make myself clear? :huh: )

The whole modd was much easier than expected.

Thanks very much indeed guys, I really appreciate all your help! ^_^

Certainly sanding down the ETA wheel makes a great deal of sense, no need to touch the gen disc at all! My WM9 has the 2824 movement, but that should cause no problems I think..... Just a case of finding the right man for the job now! B)

I picked up the gen disc for about $45, I think that was a good price, no? I look forward to seeing some pictures too, thanks sander! :)

Thanks very much indeed guys, I really appreciate all your help! ^_^

Certainly sanding down the ETA wheel makes a great deal of sense, no need to touch the gen disc at all! My WM9 has the 2824 movement, but that should cause no problems I think..... Just a case of finding the right man for the job now! B)

I picked up the gen disc for about $45, I think that was a good price, no? I look forward to seeing some pictures too, thanks sander! :)

Here you go. Please don't look at the quality of the pics.

Good luck with the modding :D

post-9210-1247515511_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515521_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515528_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1247515535_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515548_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515559_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1247515567_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515575_thumb.jpgpost-9210-1247515581_thumb.jpg

post-9210-1247515588_thumb.jpg

Hey Mickey,

you can also sand down the gen Date wheel a bit to become

more clearance to the Dial.

I have done it in the past on a Sub.

Sure you can do this but I prefer to sand down the Eta.

No matter how careful you are, there is always a little change you damage the date wheel.

So why taking a risk if you can also sand down the Eta and don't risk anything at all?