When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Thought These Things Were Supposed To Be Difficult To Get?

ubiquitous

You know... I love accurate reps. Just as much as the next guy. But, there are some things that are just beyond modding, and simply cannot be helped. If one limits themselves to 100% accurate reps, they will never have any watches, simply because they don't exist. Sometimes... You just have to accept imperfections when there is no 'fix' for them.

Besides... These watches are supposed to be fun. Make them as 'perfect' as you can, but accept it for what it is... A rep. If perfection is a must... Then you better buy genuine, and pray the one you get passed QC on a GOOD day...

I realize everybody has what they consider deal killers. For example, I don't care for watches with inaccurate subdial spacing nor for pure fantasy models, although I realize both have their proponents provided they are otherwise nicely made.

I'm sure we all draw the line somewhere . . . but at one engraving flaw in the caseback (If anything, I personally would have thought the incorrect dial print would be more of a (non)issue)?? CC, I'm sure your point is that you're a very discriminating rep collector and that's bully for you. But seriously what does that leave you to collect?

Besides, you bought that highly inaccurate LV and yet the Seawolf isn't up to your standards? WTF?

Edited by kanerich

Holly sh$t!!!!! This is almost 99% spot on visually,,well except for that missing screw :lol: . But seriuosly the dial, case, bezel are almost identical to the gen. I wish they used the 2824 instead of the 7750. In the gen it is the cal. 17 which is based on the 2824. The only thing bugging me is the size.

decision, decision :g:

Holly sh$t!!!!! This is almost 99% spot on visually,,well except for that missing screw :lol: . But seriuosly the dial, case, bezel are almost identical to the gen. I wish they used the 2824 instead of the 7750. In the gen it is the cal. 17 which is based on the 2824. The only thing bugging me is the size.

decision, decision :g:

HighD-

:) This one does have a 2824-2 ;)

Ubi,

Flava Flav called and wants his clock back!!! :bleh:

Damn that is big but it looks great.

Gpuck B)

This thing could be a lethal weapon... But I must admit- The more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. Wore it around the house a bit, but I still feel silly with it on :)

HighD-

:) This one does have a 2824-2 ;)

This thing could be a lethal weapon... But I must admit- The more I look at it, the more it appeals to me. Wore it around the house a bit, but I still feel silly with it on :)

How does it compare in massiveness to the 187? I have one of the those and it's gotta be similar in terms of case height, not to mention it's SS . . . Seawolf can't be any worse than the Chronozilla especially in Ti. The 187 is IMO pretty close to the outer edge of what a normal sized guy (I'm 180cm and 81kg) can wear. Well, it's actually well beyond, but I think it works as long as I'm dressed for it (i.e., very casually).

But any gotta get me one of these Seawolfs once supplies loosen up again (I'm told they will). Must have, especially but even without a dial swap!

I realize everybody has what they consider deal killers. For example, I don't care for watches with inaccurate subdial spacing nor for pure fantasy models, although I realize both have their proponents provided they are otherwise nicely made.

I'm sure we all draw the line somewhere . . . but at one engraving flaw in the caseback (If anything, I personally would have thought the incorrect dial print would be more of a (non)issue)?? CC, I'm sure your point is that you're a very discriminating rep collector and that's bully for you. But seriously what does that leave you to collect?

Besides, you bought that highly inaccurate LV and yet the Seawolf isn't up to your standards? WTF?

Pre and post RWG purchases!!!

Actually, I'm a proponent of the"accept your watches as replicas, flaws in all" mantra. Sorry if I sounded like I was pissing all over this purchase. The watch is very impressive. I have always said all replicas have flaws. Find a replica with flaws you can live with and buy it. This one just had one too many issues for my obsessive compulsiveness.

How does it compare in massiveness to the 187? I have one of the those and it's gotta be similar in terms of case height, not to mention it's SS . . . Seawolf can't be any worse than the Chronozilla especially in Ti. The 187 is IMO pretty close to the outer edge of what a normal sized guy (I'm 180cm and 81kg) can wear. Well, it's actually well beyond, but I think it works as long as I'm dressed for it (i.e., very casually).

But any gotta get me one of these Seawolfs once supplies loosen up again (I'm told they will). Must have, especially but even without a dial swap!

Wish I had a 187 to compare it to, but alas... I KNOW that watch is way too big for me! :) I'm sure that the Seawolf has got to be as tall, if not maybe shorter than the 187. So, if you're accustomed to wearing a Chronozilla, the Seawolf should be right at home on your wrist :)