When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Thought These Things Were Supposed To Be Difficult To Get?

ubiquitous

I'm not typically a Breitling kind of guy, but after reading about the Titanium Seawolf's demise in production, I thought I'd pick one up when the chance recently presented itself, and get this- It was new from a dealer (but not from any of the usuals). I placed my order, and 3 days later, I had a bit of an overengineered package sitting on my counter top, just waiting to be opened.

I spent 10 minutes or so (the packing was really, really, really thorough), I started pulling out my goodies. And yes... The Seawolf was amongst the treats.

Now... Nothing had ever prepared me for what a behemoth this monster is. The thing is freaking huge- Not so much in diameter, but in height. The thing is enormous... And it's a good thing it's in Ti; it's still got a little heft to it, but I could not imagine if this thing were SS!

Anyhow... enough jibber jabber. On to the pics...

103568-25672.jpg

103568-25673.jpg

103568-25674.jpg

103568-25675.jpg

103568-25676.jpg

103568-25677.jpg

Overall... I'm not exactly sure this is my kind of watch. I mean... It's nice and of decent quality, but the sheer size detracts to my taste just a bit. As you can see... The wrap is still on it, as I'm giving it some thought.

The ETA 2824 has been performing flawlessly, and winds buttery smooth. The crown is nice and substantial- Threads onto the tube with precision and confidence. The bezel seems a little loose, and one of the little screws from the side is missing. I'm going to see if my dealer will sell me a complete batch of replacement screws, as I can see the possibility for needing spares (I double checked all of the rest on the bezel- a few were loose, but now tightened). The bezel markings are quite nice- The '4' in '45' looks correct (open top), and the pearl is also quite decent. The case is thick and hefty; well finished, and the He Valve even appears to be somewhat functional (if you push on it, it moves back and forth). The bracelet and clasp are two items I have not examined closely as the wrap is still on them.

I have a genuine dial on it's way to me... Perhaps I will see if it fits. Who knows... I may just hang on to this one for the sheer novelty of it. For now, the jury is still out...

:)

Thanks for looking...

R

This replica is very good :wub: .

I have recently admired a genuine among my hands, in jewelry, and I have noticed that in the genuine one there was two stupid defect of construction. You saw some void in the attach of the bracelet on the case. The bezel is not perfectly allined with the quadrant.

Yes two stupid defect on a genuine :blink: .

How big is your wrist man? I am contemplating on getting one, but like you say the sheeeeeerr size :lol:

Can you please post some wrist shot??

My wrist is 6.8"- Not huge, but man, this thing is like wearing a roll of duct tape on the wrist.

I have not sized it yet... Just staring at it sitting next to all my other watches for now...

This replica is very good :wub: .

I have recently admired a genuine among my hands, in jewelry, and I have noticed that in the genuine one there was two stupid defect of construction. You saw some void in the attach of the bracelet on the case. The bezel is not perfectly allined with the quadrant.

Yes two stupid defect on a genuine :blink: .

The replica is indeed quite nice... Overall quality is great, and excellent detail.

Interesting (but not unheard of) knowing that the genuines also carry silly faults. Guess some just get past QC....

Hari-

Got a black dial. Should be NOS... I should have it soon. Also... Should have some new bezel screws soon too.

In the meantime... Some comparison pics. The first 4 turned out really bad- Using my wife's camera, and not used to the digital zoom/macro, so please bear with me. The rest of the pics turned out better... But that's cause I didn't use the zoom. I figure for some quick pics, these'll do :)

Full frontals...

With 16610

103935-25594.jpg

RO

103935-25595.jpg

Daytona

103935-25596.jpg

And Luminor...

103935-25597.jpg

Now the profiles...

Sub...

103935-25598.jpg

RO

103935-25599.jpg

Daytona

103935-25600.jpg

PAM

103935-25601.jpg

The mug shots reveal the watch to be within a reasonable size when talking case diameter. But once you get it on it's side... A completely different story. It just towers over everything.

And now... some wrist shots. Since I haven't had a chance to see how the links come apart yet, I didn't resize, but simply let dangle from my wrist. Please don't mind the laziness...

Not bad... Seems reasonable...

103935-25602.jpg

Stop the press

103935-25603.jpg

Holy jeebus. Glad this thing is made of Ti! If this case were SS, it would outweigh an anchor...

103935-25604.jpg

And there you also see the missing screw (doh).

:)

Hope you enjoyed...

Cheers

R

that watch is just too big for you my friend...you'd better send it to me. lol

i see what you mean about it being similar to a roll of duct tape on your wrist. lmao

it is one hell of a nice watch though. reminds me of a classed up marathin sar.

enjoy!

Edited by 700club

Just sized the silly thing... Man, for as big as it is, it's surprisingly comfortable, thanks to it's weight. I can see this thing catching door frames-a-plenty, however.

The bracelet is... Interesting. an intriguing design, as is the case. It's oddly appealing, yet I still don't see how I can wear the blasted thing.

As for the 300m flaw on the caseback... Well, it's on the caseback ;) At least it's not on the front :lol:

excellent photo comp... its like looking at a side by side of 90 pound weaklings and mr. universe... an incredibly 'built' chunky watch. the amplified proportions definitely have a certain eye catching appeal, and the Ti apparently makes it wearable. great pictorial, very helpful. thx again. too bad they stopped producing these, they'll probably get pricy in the aftermarket. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Chunky, it is. Most certainly. The weight is simply amazing... From memory, it feels to be about the same weight as my MBW 1665 (but don't quote me on that). For it's size... It's quite light.

It's amuzing, actually. The bezel alone is about the same size, profile-wise, as my Royal Oak. Pretty funny...

:bangin::bangin::black_eye::black_eye:

DAMN... gotta get me one of those... :wub::wub:

I'm a wacked out "once I find something wrong, it's all I can see" rep guy. The 300M engraved on the back is so glaring, it ruined this watch for me. BTW, I had a genuine on about 6 months ago and the watch is a bit obscene. My wife thought it was stupid looking so it was off the list.

I'm a wacked out "once I find something wrong, it's all I can see" rep guy. The 300M engraved on the back is so glaring, it ruined this watch for me. BTW, I had a genuine on about 6 months ago and the watch is a bit obscene. My wife thought it was stupid looking so it was off the list.

You should stick to gens then. No rep will ever make you happy.