When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help with Member Here on RWG.......He Starts a PP Dispute...........

BLIK

8" wrists ....................... wouldn't be me at your door !!!! ...............

Not me either. The truth always lies somewhere in between, I am glad the buyer stood up and gave his half of the story. Hopefully, they both take a deep breath and resolve this matter peacefully.

A wise, talented, and well-known watchmaker once told me "well packed watches don't just break in transit".

I had a watch stop functioning just sitting on the shelf. I put it up, it was running, a few days later, I put it on, it would no longer function, had to have it repaired. Watches can just break, they don't have to be slammed on concrete or suffer other severe trauma for it to happen.

Not me either. The truth always lies somewhere in between, I am glad the buyer stood up and gave his half of the story. Hopefully, they both take a deep breath and resolve this matter peacefully.

+1

Blik (Medenblik on RG) is one of the most respected members over on the geek. He would never intentionally rip someone off. This guy is way out of line and needs to be sent to NOOB SCHOOL!!!

I know this Is off topic but your Avatar makes me happy :D Thanks Even the noobiest of noobs knows that PP disputes are to be avoided at all cost or at least when all avenues have been exausted :) Mike

PP disputes is definitely not the way to go.

On the other hand if watch was DOA, the usual thing is to send the watch back and get a refund.

Solutions like "send it to a watchsmith to get it fixed" it basically means passing the problem to the other person and usually don't work.

When that happened to me (as a seller), I got the watch back and I have issued a full refund. Period.

Always , I repeat always, the seller assumes more risks than the buyer.

Statements like, theft, loss, damage, customs etc.. are at buyers risk , are really useless (....I personally, when I am buying, I only accept the customs risk, nothing else).

If the buyer fills PP claim there is nothing you can do about it.

A seller should also choose carefully the buyer.

....btw , watches some times just break without any particular reason. That's even more frequent with reps.

IMO (even though not my business) , I think that the right thing is that the buyer withdraws the PP claim , he sends the watch back and he gets a full refund.

Hope you guys you can settle this out.