When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Airsoft newbie

mingray

I thought that Airsoft was banned in the UK? I'm assuming you are in the UK because you mention GBP.

Go to RedWolf airsoft online. One of the original non-Japanese retailers, and very very good. I have had a FN P90, a Walther P99 and a SIG 551 from them for a few years now and enjoy them tremendously.

For those in the dark, AirSoft is the Japanese version of "Paintball" .. no paint .. hard plastic balls .. and photo realistic "weapons" instead of day-glo garden hose nozzles with air tanks attached. As far as Im aware, it's perfectly legal to own an AirSoft toy anywhere in the US except New Jersey, Chicago, and Greater New York City where draconian firearm laws prohibit even toys that LOOK like firearms.

To answer your question .. why not get your wife a nice AK47 replica? Who doesnt like a nice AK47 ??

an AirSoft M60

inokatsu-kit-wp-l.jpg

For those in the dark, AirSoft is the Japanese version of "Paintball"

It didn't start that way. When I bought my Airsoft guns in the UK, back in 1990, they were just toy pellet guns (plastic replicas) that worked with springs and low-pressure stuff. They then evolved into compressed gas-powered tools.

It didn't start that way. When I bought my Airsoft guns in the UK, back in 1990, they were just toy pellet guns (plastic replicas) that worked with springs and low-pressure stuff. They then evolved into compressed gas-powered tools.

You can still buy inexpensive Airsoft sidearms and such, which are spring loaded. Not being from Japan, I can't say 100% how they evolved.

Thanks guys for the replies...

In the uk its not illegal,you just need to have some UKRA number to buy the more realistic models i beleive.....?,....

Been looking at a JG G36C for her to start with...seem reasonable at

Edited by mingray

Never really been into Airsoft as being from the US I can and do own the real thing :clap2:

I would suggest looking for something based on the M4/AR-15 platform. Most of the higher end airsoft rifles are based on the real deal and as such the M4 is the easiest and most egronomical platform I have ever used. Not bulky, easy to reach controls, lightweight(in comparison), and compact for easy manuverability. On top of that the M4 platform, even in airsoft, is a very popular weapon that easily lends itself to modifications. For example they make a copy of the AN/PEQ's(IR laser and illuminator) that you can attach to the forearm rails which contains an extra battery pack for the gun, they also make a copy of the SOPMOD stock which houses batteries for the gun as well. With a flat top your sight options are limitless you could use Airsoft knock off scopes / red dots all the way up to the real deal.