When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sunken DW on genuine HBB?

shultz

Hi you HBB experts,

I am going to pull the trigger on a HBB purchase (rep). I did some research because I am not familiar with HBBs yet and by watching some offers of genuine watches in well known forums I noticed sunken DWs. I am confused: Are these pics taken from reps or is there actually a range of genuine HBBs with slightly sunken DW?

I found these pics (on chrono24), pls note the DW on pics #2:

2150b3p.jpg

ajs68j.jpg

Thanks for your input

Guest Sql_pl

Genuine HBBs have sunken datewheels because what they use to power them is not a 7753 that would be best to fit this subdial layout but regular 7750 modified to 3, 6, 9 layout. So it is very similar to what we have in reps and it does have sunken dw. No worries here.

what ive seen the newest HBB uses a in house movement which dont have the sunken DW, according to hublots webpage and pictures anyway..

- tazz

Yes, you are right that's the HUB 44 inhouse movement.

Does anybody know what kind of movement the early series were equipped with? Actually a 7750 with the same sunken date "issue" as we know from the asian clones?

I will have a look to Franciscos reviews right know.

Yes, you are right that's the HUB 44 inhouse movement.

Does anybody know what kind of movement the early series were equipped with? Actually a 7750 with the same sunken date "issue" as we know from the asian clones?

I will have a look to Franciscos reviews right know.

Gen HBB employ a modifiation of the 7750 to move the minute counter from 12 to 3. It is a quite similar design to our reps. This mod produces a sunken DW. Therefore, rep is correct in this aspect.

Francisco

Gen HBB employ a modifiation of the 7750 to move the minute counter from 12 to 3. It is a quite similar design to our reps. This mod produces a sunken DW. Therefore, rep is correct in this aspect.

Francisco

Wow, thanks for that input, Francisco :thumbs: . So am I right in assuming that the "early/ first" genuine big bang series came with a modded 7750 (similar mvt.) and sunken DW whereas the current series come with that HUB 44 with a closer DW (similar to 7753)?

How's the "first" genuine movement called? I found some genuine watches with sunken DW but also offered as with HUB 44??????

Wow, thanks for that input, Francisco :thumbs: . So am I right in assuming that the "early/ first" genuine big bang series came with a modded 7750 (similar mvt.) and sunken DW whereas the current series come with that HUB 44 with a closer DW (similar to 7753)?

How's the "first" genuine movement called? I found some genuine watches with sunken DW but also offered as with HUB 44??????

Yes, you are right, now no more sunken DW, previous models with sunken.

Previous movement is a ETA 7750 modifed by a company... a company that I do not remember its name now. It is the same mod that the movemen of the reps (Asian 7750). Therefore, after moding the back a bit, the final result is quite close to gen.

Francisco