When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The POrikaa 42mm

ammandel

Firstly; I'd like to thank Narikaa for the great service and quick communication he showed during our dealings, I literally only contacted him 2 days ago about purchasing a PO 42mm and it has arrived at my door today.. !

Background & A story

I saw my uncle a couple of weeks ago at a family wedding, I only see him maybe twice a year maximum so we enjoy the time catching up and such, I was wearing my submariner and he commented on the watch and that it looked nice. I told him about the replicas and how there is a different, higher level of replica not just the crap you get at markets on holidays etc. He was intruiged and asked me if I could get more, I replied that I could and then asked him what he wanted. In true 90s orientated non WIS fashion he was talking about TAG's (with no doubt images of a 90's Tag Link in his mind, which was hugely popular back in the day). I told him about current watch fashions and again in true non WIS fashion he asked me which the 'James Bond one' was.

It's interesting at this point to reflect on how advertising does seem to work and have an effect on the buying patterns of individuals, it seemed to me that he was aware of the watches/James Bond link but had no idea about what the watch was. How can he have made his mind up about that without knowing which manufacturer or model it was that he liked?

Anyway, so - in my mind I already had made up my mind. I'd buy him the replica I'd heard about which I would call the perfect entry point, well priced and well built. The 42mm Planet Ocean from Narikaa.

It's actually my 21st birthday this Saturday and I will be seeing my uncle for it, I wanted to be able to present him with it for when he came down. Narikaa was super helpful and assured me that it'd be here by Friday, of course - today is Wednesday and its here.

To add; I knew that I had no tools and the PO is well known for being difficult to size. I cheekily asked Narikaa if he could fit it for my wrist, to me surprise he said he would, and I am extremely grateful for it. My uncles can't be that much larger anyway! and if it is, I have the extra links and I'll just tell him to take it to a small family jewellers that will deal with replicas.

I can't imagine, actually.. I know that any other dealer wouldn't have sized the bracelet for me, and the fact that it arrived perfectly sized for my wrist actually felt like I just recieved a Gen!

I think others would be surprised how much it adds to the experience turning up with a bracelet already sized to fit you. Although this is CERTAINLY not a standard practice in our hobby and don't take it personally if you do not recieve the same service! I was very very lucky to have a set of restrictive circumstances and a kind, helpful and fairly local dealer obliged to my needs!

The replica itself

3746046374_8b32837ca4.jpg

Alot's been said about the watch itself, so I'll skip that and just show you some pictures I took and make some observations about this particular replica.

The build quality is absolutely immense, for

Guest tolis

what can i say for reg or planet ocean from narikaa?excellent or amazing quality for the price!i take before one month from him planet ocean 45mm and i am very very happy!like gen this watch!all people they said to me what a great watch!for only 65gbp i thing its great deal!only 65?its truth!not 250$ or 300$!and work perfect!thanks again reg!