When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Rolex Rep Green Sub

tex599

Would you recommend one dealer over the other, I am currently looking at TrustyWatchGuy and TTK. How is the quality of their watches listed in the Dealers section of RWG? They both use the Asian Movement, how does this compare to the ETA movement available? Do they ship fast? Any other sources you would recommend?

Thanks

Would you recommend one dealer over the other, I am currently looking at TrustyWatchGuy and TTK. How is the quality of their watches listed in the Dealers section of RWG? They both use the Asian Movement, how does this compare to the ETA movement available? Do they ship fast? Any other sources you would recommend?

I bought my black sub (same batch as the LV) from TTK, and for the price it is hands down the best rep out there. Sure, you can pay more for an ETA-fuelled one, but for the $120 or so they're charging, you won't get better.

This is the one I bought from TTK for $120:

7101-5501.jpg

All dealers are a little different. You just need to find who you are comfortable working with. Many of the most common watches come from the same factories, but not all.

I have not heard any complaints from the asian movement you are talking about. The chrono is a different story.

am going to get a sub LV myself......bought from Andrew and Joshua so far....both excellent gentlemen and a pleasure to deal with.......and would not hesitate buying from others mentioned here....all top notch....

after my first purchases I am getting more selective about acccuracy of details and reliability....recent purchases have been swiss eta and am very happy with them....also easier to service ...so I am told......swiss eta run more money (twice)...but you have to decide what you want......bset Sub LV I have seen so far..(most accurate detailed swiss eta) is with Precious time...dont know the price yet....but looks real close to Gen....probably around $260 -$300

I got one from trustywatchguy with an Asian movement, it's never worked right. Just keeps sticking all the time. The bezel pearl was way off (as in, not centered properly), and there was a fingerprint on the inside (barely noticeable). Other than that, the watch looked good and solid. It did have the issue of having |000 instead of 1000, but I knew that going in. My guess is this watch would run fine if I got it serviced.

I received another one from Silixprime with an ETA movement. Runs six seconds fast every MINUTE. Two of the dial markers are crooked. Pearl is nice and centered, and everything else looks fine. If I got a new dial (or somehow could get the markers repositioned) and the movement serviced (maybe just needs to be demagnetized?) this would probably be a fine watch. I'm just afraid that fixing it would cost more than it's worth. BTW, though it runs six seconds fast every minute, it's never gotten stuck. Dunno which I'd rather have, a watch that keeps stopping, or one that runs over two hours fast a day.

To be fair to the dealers, the first watch I reported the sticking problem and was told it would probably go away after some use (which is generally true) and did not bother contacting the dealer again. The second watch I was told I'd get a replacment if I sent it back, but again I didn't bother. So don't take this as a review for either dealer, just of the watch itself.

Edited by Josetann

Now, you must determine whose fingerprint that was. It is essential.

Heh, no chance of that, sorry. It was just a partial, on the metal between the dial and the crystal. Like I said you had to look for it to see it. I was trying to pop the bezel off one day to replace the insert and instead the crystal popped right off! So I went ahead and got a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and took care of it.