When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2008 Cousteau Aquatimer

kronos twin

I have seen many pics now of the 2008 Cousteau Aquatimer, but I've yet to figure out whether any of them get at the correct dial color. Can anyone speak to the quality of the blue in the Aquatimer? Is it too light? This pic shows the Cousteau diver with a much darker blue than any of the pics I've seen on the rep sites. Is it lighting?

I'm going to pull the trigger on this one, but if the blue isn't right (meaning if it isn't vibrant enough) I'm going for the slevin.

thanks.

post-16388-124875513512_thumb.jpg

Guest HaloArchive

You need to remember that the rep dealers are not master photographers and their pictures are generally either over or under saturated and the contrast is way off. I dont personally own the 2008 costeau but, im sure someone that does will chime in :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen many pics now of the 2008 Cousteau Aquatimer, but I've yet to figure out whether any of them get at the correct dial color. Can anyone speak to the quality of the blue in the Aquatimer? Is it too light? This pic shows the Cousteau diver with a much darker blue than any of the pics I've seen on the rep sites. Is it lighting?

I'm going to pull the trigger on this one, but if the blue isn't right (meaning if it isn't vibrant enough) I'm going for the slevin.

thanks.

That is decaffeinately photoshopped... I can tell the black color is on high, light on low and mid on even... and you can see the contrast that gives it a rich color... I doubt the watch is that color accurate or color rich.

If I recall correctly, this image is from IWCs website. I know that most companies don't always represent the correct color scheme, like AP does on their site. I was more interested in whether the blue was worth going for on the rep. I have read a few posts (now that I know how to search again on the new interface) and I think the rep is accurate, but the real problem now is whether I'd wear a smurf blue watch all that often. I think I'm going for the 06.

thank you, though. Your spot on with your analysis of the pic, Joey.

I did a Pictorial of the 2008 blue/yellow 2008 CD, with side by side pics with the genuine, ... the blue is done very well.. it is not an "electric" blue.. the genuine is not glossy or real vibrant the replication is done as the genuine...

the genuine along with the rep.. was not recieved very well here.. some thought that IWC should of just stopped after the 2006.. personally I like the colour combo.. but given a choice of the slevin or the 2008 CD.. I would definately grab the slevin.. that is one good looking IWC.. especially with the ss bracelet.. .. very sexy .. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

if someone can find the comparison pictorial .. please feel free to post the link... :)

A~C

Lani