When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally Revived My Ti Avenger ~ Eta 7750 Installed

Bignasty

So I aquired an ETA 7750 from a member here. Well actually I had a 7750 swap go bad and damaged a 7750 so I bought it from the member. Well I took the needed spare parts from an old Asian 7750 and sent it out for repair (my local smith wouldn't even touch the movement, nor would his local guy which he sends complicated jobs to! :bangin: ) Wow, the 7750 really scares these guys for some reason. Anyway two months later I got the phone call. It was done! So I went and picked it up yesterday.

Adding to this complex story is my Ti Chrono Avenger which I sold to another member here back about 4 or so months ago. Well it was the old Asian 7750 movement too. Needless to say it decided to stop working somewhere between here and the other members residence :cry: so the only right thing to do was to take it back and offer up a refund. Well long story short it has been sitting dead for months now but today that all came to an end! :p

When I got off work today I decided to jump right into it. Didn't take a whole bunch of pics but heres a quick little few!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

Caseback , rotor, crown and retention screws all removed.

104445-25471.jpg

Movement out.

104445-25472.jpg

Hands off (Dust on the dial at 12 too not a scratch 8) I protect the dial with a bit of soft lense cloths)

104445-25473.jpg

Asian on left ~ ETA on right (Funny there was a day complication under the dial the whole time)

104445-25474.jpg

Hands on and functionality check complete now its time to dust it off and case it back up.

104445-25475.jpg

In the case and awaiting the silicon grease and o-ring.

104445-25476.jpg

A closer shot so you can see the engravings and finish work of the ETA. I also decided to put the Asian rotor back on for added effect. This part is completely interchangeable.

104445-25477.jpg

Just a cool shot!

104445-25478.jpg

All done! Date is a bit misaligned but you can't sweat the little things!

104445-25479.jpg

Finally the wrist shot!

104445-25480.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking and comments greatly appreciated! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Bignasty