When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need somebody to fix watches in seattle area

jgw0

I have messed with these and screwed them up every time. I would really like to find somebody that will work on these watches. The problems are not complex, I suspect, for somebody who knows what they are doing. I have a patek phillipe, battery driven, that the minute hand has come loose on. It has a saphhire chrystal which has obviously been set from the top. I have a tag hueur that is not setting smoothly (gears seem to be skipping). I have others too.

I would be grateful for any thoughts! Thank you......

Assuming these are gens, I can recommend some guys. Jeff Knepper (503-223-8941) used to work for Ben Bridge and he's a real gearhead. George Kajanoff (2208 NW Market street) is an old school watchmaker, slightly weird but good. Tom Nesbitt (206-623-1211) is amazingly good but he focuses on Rolex. He's in the Josh Green building, 4th avenue.

Good luck!

Assuming these are gens, I can recommend some guys. Jeff Knepper (503-223-8941) used to work for Ben Bridge and he's a real gearhead. George Kajanoff (2208 NW Market street) is an old school watchmaker, slightly weird but good. Tom Nesbitt (206-623-1211) is amazingly good but he focuses on Rolex. He's in the Josh Green building, 4th avenue.

Good luck!

Thank you for the reply!

I think, by 'gens' you mean genuine. These are not (which is the problem). I have been, basically, tossing them as they have failed over the years (actually not all that many, maybe 10). Seems a shame. I pick them up as I travel about (in Vietnam, and Cambodia, they are selling them cheaper than in China!). I sent one off to a guy in South Carolina who said he fixed them - never saw the watch again <sigh>.

Edited by jgw0

I am not in Seattle, but Port Angeles. Anyplace in the Puget Sound would be great. I just wanted somebody close enough to visit so if there is a problem we can work it out.

very lucky to live on the peninsula

heck, ya should come down for the GTG this weekend

about your quartz Patek, there's a guy in Kirkland who MIGHT be able to help you

he's not too good with autos sadly so i end up sending my stuff to a gent out-of-state

There are a few clandestine shops in Oly & Lakewood.

But by your examples of movements they are not worth servicing, just the truth.

Better off re-investing your money to a new watch.

If you truly wish a watch service on them.

Contact Vacuum, a verified watchsmith here who is in the States and will no doubt give you a quote.