When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 2892 Copy......

flavor flav

seems the balance spring is broken....the heart stopped beating today :wounded1: does anyone know where to get a replacement asian 2892....not worth doing a swiss 2892 because of the cost. i think this is a seagull movement?? please help rescue a dead solid gold TT constallation.

Unless the fit is really tight, a 2824-2 may fit (less expensive than a 2892A2). What I mean is the dial will match the date and so will the stem, I think.

The difference would be about 1 mm thicker. Ask one of the onboard watchmakers.

Impressive collection!

balance spring....easier just to replace the movement i think.....but i can't find one.

The only solution other than replacing with a swiss 2892 (ouch!!) I can think of is to see if a 2824 fits--Based on my experience with mullers it probably will fit. They seem to be almost interchangable--I bet if you looked you could find a2824 powered version of your exact rep. Then you'll know it will fit.

It's damn frustrating, I know, going from a movement you paid extra for to a cheaper one--but that's the risk we all take when we pocket the cash we save buying reps w/ rep movements. When I replace a movement, I just count the money I'm still saving off the gen.

The only solution other than replacing with a swiss 2892 (ouch!!) I can think of is to see if a 2824 fits--Based on my experience with mullers it probably will fit. They seem to be almost interchangable--I bet if you looked you could find a2824 powered version of your exact rep. Then you'll know it will fit.

It's damn frustrating, I know, going from a movement you paid extra for to a cheaper one--but that's the risk we all take when we pocket the cash we save buying reps w/ rep movements. When I replace a movement, I just count the money I'm still saving off the gen.

thanks for the advice....wher can i find a cheap 2824? besides ofrie?

2824 are the same height as 2892 (rep 2892 too)

2824s can be found of ebay for cheaper.

Actually the specs are the same diameter, but the height is different. The height is 4.8mm for the 2824-2 and 3.6 for the 2892A2. The 2836 and 2834 are even thicker at 5.1mm.

But what I meant is that usually there is enough clearance in the case to fit the thicker movement.

Actually the specs are the same diameter, but the height is different. The height is 4.8mm for the 2824-2 and 3.6 for the 2892A2. The 2836 and 2834 are even thicker at 5.1mm.

But what I meant is that usually there is enough clearance in the case to fit the thicker movement.

sorry, you are right. they are slightly different in height but they fit the cases and are more "compatible" than the 2836.

thank you for pointing it out.

sorry, you are right. they are slightly different in height but they fit the cases and are more "compatible" than the 2836.

thank you for pointing it out.

:huh:

I was wondering there! Not like you to slip up on a movement detail like that MVB ;)

It's the thinness of the 2892 that makes the SMP reps that use it such a joy because then you can fit the genuine style shallower caseback!!