When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wrong Bezel?

none

Hi people,

I just received a rolex lady date just. However, the watch has the wrong bezel. The dealer proposes to send the right bezel, because the rest of the watch is identical.

Unfortunately I am very nontechnical in this matter, I am not sure if I can remove the old bezel and replace it with the new one.

Should the dealer send a new watch? What is your opinion? Please let me know.

Hi people,

I just received a rolex lady date just. However, the watch has the wrong bezel. The dealer proposes to send the right bezel, because the rest of the watch is identical.

Unfortunately I am very nontechnical in this matter, I am not sure if I can remove the old bezel and replace it with the new one.

Should the dealer send a new watch? What is your opinion? Please let me know.

I see your point and i'd consider the opportunity to make bezel replace by someone more proficient in watch mods.

Don't you have some board members close to you? :)

Of course if you prefer (shipping costs and customs risk are a big deterrent for me) to return it dealer should accept your decision and send a new correct watch to you.

Edited by ryaku

Swapping bezels is an easy fix. Simply remove the old (wedge a razorblade between the case and bezel) and give it a lift. Should come right up. With the new bezel... Just press it back on :)

Easy, says he having built his own Daytona from parts. :D

It's not as simple as a spring bar replacement, for instance, and there is a small risk of damaging the case. Anything that starts "get a razor blade and ..." carries an inherent risk.

If your dealer isn't happy swapping the watch for the one you ordered, may I suggest you find one that is? :blink:

ps. Credit for not naming the dealer until it's resolved. That's always wise.

I agree here that you were sent the wrong item and any time that happens, it is up to the dealer to correct it.

However, if you choose to swap the bezel yourself, waiting only for the replacement bezel to come in, you will probably have your finished watch sooner than if you ship the watch back to the dealer and wait for the replacement to arrive.