When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken-avenger Chrono Ti

shultz

HI all,

as posted recently on TRC I also want to share my latest project with RWG members:

It is more a Franken-Breitling then a modded watch because i swapped dial and hands for genuine parts and assembled a swiss ETA 7750. The base rep watch is a Ti version. I am just testing my photo skills with a borrowed digicam.... Please pardon the quality. Enjoy the pics:

104586-25424.jpg

104586-25425.jpg

I have got two further genuine avenger chrono dials in stock: Black and white. But there are no lume dots (they have to be relumed) and they come without the tachy ring (but the rep's tachy ring/ rehaut fits, too).

You can see my two dials here, feel free to make an offer because I will not go for a further Avenger project:

104586-25426.jpg

To get the gen hands is nearly impossible. I was a lucky guy by getting a set from a watchmaker who serviced a gen watch. But especially on that Avenger the rep hands are not that bad. You should relume the small dots of the gen dial and of the rep hands to get a nice and uniform look.

The gen dials fit asian and swiss 7750 butter soft. No removing, changing, glueing or whatever of the dial is required. Even the date position and the center position of the subdials are the same. By assembling the gen dial to an asian 7750 you will not solve the problem of the recessed date wheel although it will be well aligned. I assembled a swiss 7750 whre the date wheel looks more accurate. But by glueing an overlay onto the asian date wheel it will come up a little I guess.

Did I forget something? Please feel free to post further question, okay?

All the best

Frank

Shultz-

It looks great. I swapped movements on mine as well. I am long two dials as well. First I bought a blue and then I bought the black with metal markers (like yours). Try luming the "metal dots". :lol: Luming the hands and dial will make it even better though. ;)

@ kruzer

Actually I bought three dials :D One was perfect with rehaut and lumed markers. No Scratches and hairlines. That is the assembled one. I bought the others later and they came without luminova just metal markers as you can see from the pics. Maybe I will give them to another member or keep them for reluming and swapping later. Maybe a white Avenger? :D

First I thought about luming the numerals. But beware the gen isn't. That's a big misunderstanding. Actually that biiig watch comes with these small lumed dots. Isn't that funny?

Also, I don't think you can lume over the metal markers. :)

Yes, you can. These dials which are offered on eboy very often seem to be a B-series ( I call it so). Means a dial which is printed but not finished/ lumed. As you can see the metal dots are slightly recessed which means the lume could be "filled in". It is just a dot required, not that problem.

That pic is very nice. Just for fun I thought about luming the numerals on one of my other AC dials. I guess that baby would glow more than a pannie... :D