When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 111h asian 6497 wont wind

keeno

Hi

I have a PAM 111h with an asian 6497 movement which is around 18 months old. I tried to wind it up this morning and the crown wouldnt turn. I looked at the back of the watch and noticed that the two large cogs start to turn then the part indicated on the picture seemed to jam. I removed the case back and removed this part and on doing this it felt like something had unwinded. I replaced this part and now the crown turns freely but doesnt wind the watch. also the part i removed doesnt spring back when turning the crown.

If anybody could suggest what the problem could be i would greatly appreciate your input.

I live in Manchester, UK so if anybody knows any rep-friendly watchmakers locally then i might take it to them.

Depending on how serious the problem is i could also contact The Zigmeister and ask him if he could repair it for me.

Thanks

Stevepost-2905-124933472765_thumb.jpg

Hmm, not sure what the original problem was but now it will be that the click spring may be missing or the click is in the wrong way, proberbly a very simple fix may need a new click spring if it pinged out, not hard to get hold of.

if that photo was taken after you took the back off it may just be that thew screw for the click is too tight as well

Yeah its very possible that a spring has popped out when i removed the click screw. No chance of finding that now on the carpet!!!lol

The original problem was very strange. Just went to wind it as usual and the crown just wouldnt turn?

how much was your original rep 111 cost?

might be cheaper to buy a new replacement, 111h can cost as little as $99 for a 'good ' one.

I think it was around $400. Its a modded version from TWP with thick crown, super lume and cannon pin fix so still might be worth fixing.