When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happiness is a closed Minute Track in Full Gilt

BigCrown

giltlove2.jpg

Well, I am the proud owner of two Gilt 5513 (all genuine, original/correct). Gotta love 'em.

For reference, the Pointed Crown Guard models started with the beginning of the first 5512/5513 around 1960. They changed to the current crown guards around 1964-ish.

A tidbit that few are aware of: the pointed crown guard submariners (including Tudors) used a larger, 27mm dial. Therefore, most existing PCG watches show a gap between the dial and the case rehaut.

5513Gilt_27.jpg

P8020019.jpg

5513PCG12.jpg

5513PCG15.jpg

5513PCG16.jpg

5513PCG7.jpg

Your 2 5513's are absolutely Stunning!!!!

I don't think i have ever seen a 5513 with a big bubble second hand before... recently saw a very early 5512 pointed CG with one, it also had a 6538 style red triangle insert.. So Your's must be from one of the very earliest 5513 batches.

That's a very rare, and very beautiful bird you have there me thinks!!

Wear them both in good health!!!

rgds

JB

Wow, gorgeous pair of PCG's B!

The PCG's are definitely my favorites, and well worth adding to a good collection. I'll admit your chapter ring watch is stunning!

Here's a pic of my underline. I'll be on the lookout for a chapter ring dialed watch, but I doubt I'll be able to find one as nice as yours. Wear in good health!

Gens016-1.jpg