When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Fa Jones

TwoTone

Received my FA Jones this last week...

I couldn't make up my mind which color set I wanted, so I bought them both...

I have found the piece to be quite nice with 3 exceptions...

1. The Strap is a typical Rep product, which is to be expected...

2. Is a flaw in the minute hand - As you can see in the pictures... My dealer has sent me 2 new hands...

3. On the black piece there is a dimple in the dial around both the main pin and the sub-dial pin... Almost like someone simply pressed to hard when putting things together... Dealer has sent a new dial as well... I tried to photograph it, but as you can tell, my photo skills are not the best, so I had zero success...

Please bear with my photo skills; I'm working on them... I even bought a tri-pod today...

Here are a few pictures for review...

104757-25353.jpg

104757-25354.jpg

104757-25355.jpg

104757-25356.jpg

104757-25357.jpg

104757-25358.jpg

104757-25359.jpg

Very nice, TwoTone! Both the Jones and your photos. This is a superb watch. I bought a rose gold from Eddie Lee that arrived 3 days ago. I can't get it off my wrst. Like you, I now want a second Jones, one of the stainless steel versions, probably the blue-hands model. As for the strap, one thing you might try. The one that came on my Jones was the usual rep strap, this one in a kind of brick red/light brown color that had me immediately thinking about an upgrade. But remember, these things ARE leather. So I took some brown Kiwi polish and used a soft cloth to work it into the band in firm, circular motions, putting a few drops of water on every 30 seconds or so and using a soft shoe brush to buff it out between coats. I think I put 3 light coats on it, then topped it off with 2 coats of gloss black using the same process. The whole process took maybe 15 minutes. The result is a small miracle. I now have a dark, dark cordovan strap with a semi-gloss burnished luster that looks about 95% like a genuine alligator strap I bought from Banda for $80 a few months back and perfectly complements the rose gold case. Total transformation. Give it a try before you bail on the strap.

Enjoy your Jones!

Edited by doug