When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grail Watch Servicing

JohnCraig

Thought that I would post this here as well as the trade forum.

I just bought Euno's DW VJ72 6263; cann't wait to get it tomorrow.

I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to get such a great watch from such great member, with a very generous gift from another member.

I really feel as though I've have a nice "home" here. The PM's with friends that I've never met etc.

Thanks to RWG and everyone here, I've learned a lot and look forward to maintaining a continuing presence here.

That said, I have a favor to ask. - This watch needs cleaning etc and keyless works maintainence. I have an ongoing positive relationship with the Zigmeister and would like to have him take care of this watch the way it deserves, but shipping to him and return challenges customs twice and I'm concerned.

I'm CONUS - what are your thoughts?

A Grail Watch should go to the Grail Watch Repairer. It's that simple. US <--> Canada shipping is fiarly straightforward.... slower than it ought to be, but reliable. Just follow The Zigmeister & Jennifer's time tested guidance on how to package and label your timepiece and you should be fine. I'd much rather ship to/from The Zigmeister than rely on any local watchmaker for important services.

Thought that I would post this here as well as the trade forum.

I just bought Euno's DW VJ72 6263; cann't wait to get it tomorrow.

I'm very appreciative of the opportunity to get such a great watch from such great member, with a very generous gift from another member.

I really feel as though I've have a nice "home" here. The PM's with friends that I've never met etc.

Thanks to RWG and everyone here, I've learned a lot and look forward to maintaining a continuing presence here.

That said, I have a favor to ask. - This watch needs cleaning etc and keyless works maintainence. I have an ongoing positive relationship with the Zigmeister and would like to have him take care of this watch the way it deserves, but shipping to him and return challenges customs twice and I'm concerned.

I'm CONUS - what are your thoughts?

I have sent him a half dozen MBW's with nary a glitch.

Don't send it as a watch -- send it as a timepiece to be repaired.

I'd damn sure rather risk customs than risk having shoddy work done.

Bill

Unless you have a tame master watchsmith on your doorstep there is no one else to send this piece to. You now own one of the best examples of a 'tona in existance that wasn't made in the Rolex factory. That piece is as goos as some of J&W's offerings (which shows you what a bargan you got BTW) and it deserves nothing but the best. ZM is the best so it's a no brainer.

Col.

My preference is and would always have been the Zigmeister but I needed that reassurance about the customs risk.

It's one thing to have bought a really nice watch, another to have spent nearly $2k on a really great watch, and the reality is that I apparently purchased (been entrusted with)a piece of history.

Thanks to you all once again!

John

One thing to keep in mind, assuming you plan to insure the shipment (and to ever collect you would need to produce purchase receipts of some kind), are the international indemnities. For example, if you ship Global Priority the indemnity is very low. And even the postal workers don't usually know what they are in my experience. Once I was offered $5000 insurance when I knew the indemnity was less than $100, for example. So, bottom line, just make sure you know the limits and choose the appropriate shipping method and amount required.