When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Search engine cannot search a 3 digit number?

chad

It does seem a bit hit at miss at the moment...

Yesterday, I was looking for the thread titled "Vintage Domes"

I typed "Vintage Domes" into the search box, but nothing come up... [Edit to add]When I say 'nothing came up', I meant the thread in question was not in the results pages.

When I just typed "Domes" in, it came up :unsure::blink::bangin:

it also can't search a 3 letter word but the old one couldn't either. It's a pain when the damn thing rejects a search because of one three letter word (usualy crucial) but we're stuck with it. One of the few advantages of phbBB (the software RWI use) is that it can.

Col.

it also can't search a 3 letter word but the old one couldn't either. It's a pain when the damn thing rejects a search because of one three letter word (usualy crucial) but we're stuck with it. One of the few advantages of phbBB (the software RWI use) is that it can.

Col.

I agree that this is the single (perhaps only) terrible feature of RWG's software--on a board where lots of folks collect PAMs and usually refer to them with just the numbers, this really makes the search engine near useless in many instances. Also makes searching using the commonly used "ROO" and many other potentially usefull searches impossible...I wonder if we're really stuck with it. Can't these programs be modded....you know, like a DSN 111? :)