When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some holiday wrist-shots of the APROO NAVY

MADRED7

Dear members,

I am back from my annual leave and had a pleasant time in the mountains...relaxing, hiking and enjoying pure nature.

Made some quick and dirty shots of the watches I had with me....here is the AP ROO NAVY part of them:

The watch kept great time and was happy to see water....enjoy.

aproonavy4.jpgw768.png

aproonavy2.jpgw768.png

aproonavy3.jpgw768.png

Dear members,

I am back from my annual leave and had a pleasant time in the mountains...relaxing, hiking and enjoying pure nature.

Made some quick and dirty shots of the watches I had with me....here is the AP ROO NAVY part of them:

The watch kept great time and was happy to see water....enjoy.

aproonavy4.jpgw768.png

aproonavy2.jpgw768.png

aproonavy3.jpgw768.png

great shots! Is that the Hornback from the dealer or after market?

Thanks Pam, love the shots... Question. Have you seen Archimede's photos? I have written him to see if that too is the fake from the dealers.. His hornback looks different, no?

I saw Archimedes post and he did wonderful pics....but all of the pics were done in extreme good light or photoshopped afterwards. The rep-strap is far more blue than on his pics...so are the crown and pusher covers. The real NAVY has them in dark navy-blue...the rep blue is more an ocean-blue.

The rep strap itself is very good compared to what you get....under 100 bucks for a leather strap, endlinks that fit snuggly and a deployant that works great...noone can beat that. I tried to find an original NAVY hornback from AP....500$ in NOS condition if you

I saw Archimedes post and he did wonderful pics....but all of the pics were done in extreme good light or photoshopped afterwards. The rep-strap is far more blue than on his pics...so are the crown and pusher covers. The real NAVY has them in dark navy-blue...the rep blue is more an ocean-blue.

The rep strap itself is very good compared to what you get....under 100 bucks for a leather strap, endlinks that fit snuggly and a deployant that works great...noone can beat that. I tried to find an original NAVY hornback from AP....500$ in NOS condition if you´re lucky...used....no chance at the moment.

I have the RB2 and that strap is amazingly well made for a rep...smooth and supple. I have the rubberclad as well ... attached a gen AP rubber to it...and I tell you, you cannot tell a difference from rep-rubber to gen-rubber strap...you can bearly feel it!

Hope that info helps....BTW....the old velcros MBW did for the EoD 2.5 years ago are amazing, far beyond the china velcros that came out afterwárds.

Cheers All

Theo

Helps a lot, very informative as always. Thank you. I felt like your pics showed the rep hornaback with a black ting to it and didn't expect that. his photos seemed way more blue, thus more Gen seeming. I asked a jeweler buddy of mine to try and source me a GEN blue hornback for as cheap as possible, I am curious what he comes back with.

I agree with you my rubber clad is amazing and I have had the Gen on my wrist. The most like the gen is the rubber. Why you keep seeing me all over the boards is I really want a hornback for my collection and cant seem to settle on what watch to get and or what is most gen like. There is that innate fear of spending the 5 or 6 hundred on a gen band only to have the watch then poop out on me. but at this point it seems like the right move.

I'm not loving any of my rep options for new watches so, changing the SS band on my navy for a Gen seems like the move!

Edited by goodfella0406