When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finding a SMP blue thats good for me...

mtv2009

Thanks for your advice guys

Im waiting on another member to send me some pics of a smp that he has and is willing to sell.

Failing that i will go and put an order in with PT as his looks quite nice.

Does anybody have any close-up pics of a PT smp they`ve bought?...would love to see them.

Christ Andreww...now you`ve given me something else to think about!!! lol

Now im really un-decided... :g:

Im sorta hooked on the plain smp...but i will checkout the chrono as it is a looker..

I would check the SMP GMT version if I were you.. The most annoying thing about those reps is the pearl. Not only it's far from looking like the gen, it's ugly on it's own. The GMT advantage is simple, it doesn't have the pearl at all...

Christ Andreww...now you`ve given me something else to think about!!! lol

Now im really un-decided... :g:

Im sorta hooked on the plain smp...but i will checkout the chrono as it is a looker..

Well... I was about to tell you the same advice.

This one is definitely a keeper.

Almost everything is good on this one.

One of the "best out of the box" omega rep.

I own some of them.

I understand Kramerica, a bad pearl is a flaw that I can't stand.

But on the old SMP chrono the pearl is good. Ok, not centred as it does but good.

This one accept gen parts. So if one day You want to swap the insert for a gen one, No problem.

Well ive listened to all the advice and im still set on the smp blue from PT, however.....

I REALLY like this one from Perfect Clones..the facelift model with red seamaster lettering,

to me the face of this one takes the plain smp to another level. :Jumpy:

I wonder if PT can get me this one (i want to use him as he ships from the U.K which is a big plus for me!!)

post-23386-125010017188_thumb.jpg

Well ive listened to all the advice and im still set on the smp blue from PT, however.....

I REALLY like this one from Perfect Clones..the facelift model with red seamaster lettering,

to me the face of this one takes the plain smp to another level. :Jumpy:

I wonder if PT can get me this one (i want to use him as he ships from the U.K which is a big plus for me!!)

Well, that's your choice dude!

Last word: The Hands are too small, the crown guards are the worst I saw, the insert color is incorrect and the omega logo and lettering are incorrect too...

But some things must be experienced by yourself.

Wear it well. :)

Well, that's your choice dude!

Last word: The Hands are too small, the crown guards are the worst I saw, the insert color is incorrect and the omega logo and lettering are incorrect too...

But some things must be experienced by yourself.

Wear it well. :)

Oh dear.... :unsure: Is it that bad then?

Hey mtv, I'm in the same boat as you. I posted in another thread that I'm still new to pointing out details, flaws, etc... But what about these ones from Silix and PTswiss? Can anybody shed any light on either of these? Would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Bill..well i dunno `bout you but i think im gonna go for a PT seamaster.

Ive abandoned the idea of going for the "red seamaster,facelift version" as some of the comments have been not so good.

Most have said that PT`s version is about the best one going at the moment and i must admit it looks pretty good to me and even better sitting on my wrist... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Keep in touch Bill and let me know which one you go for :good:

Regards

Oh dear.... :unsure: Is it that bad then?

No misunderstanding, I hope that you didn't took that as an offense mate!

Just an advice from an Omega fan to another ;)...

I was in the same search three years ago and finally came in the rep world with the SMP chrono.

That one is a keeper.

I destroyed it, while a was waiting to repair it, I bought the classic one.

Good rep but far away from the chrono, too much things to mod on the classic and even more on the red one you were looking at.

The red is full of flaws, I have the gen 2220.80 on my wrist, so I can tell you.

This is a community, we share bad and good experiences.

The PT's is a good choice

No misunderstanding, I hope that you didn't took that as an offense mate!

Just an advice from an Omega fan to another ;)...

I was in the same search three years ago and finally came in the rep world with the SMP chrono.

That one is a keeper.

I destroyed it, while a was waiting to repair it, I bought the classic one.

Good rep but far away from the chrono, too much things to mod on the classic and even more on the red one you were looking at.

The red is full of flaws, I have the gen 2220.80 on my wrist, so I can tell you.

This is a community, we share bad and good experiences.

The PT's is a good choice

No offence at all marty :D

Im glad you gave me the advice as i wouldnt`ve wanted to buy a rep that was way off the mark.

Its only from learning from guys like yourself i can become savvy in the rep world.

I purchased the SMP from WBK on repgeek. Seems to get great reviews, and for the price you can't go wrong so I'll be sure to report back once I have it in my possession!

Great stuff...maybe you could post a couple of pics when you get it,would love to see it.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the SMP Chrono. I'm getting mine from Tony Feng at www.asian7750.com.

You can check out the model OM041. This is the "older" version but with the new, 28800mps A7750 movement. It has the older style white lettering, but it has the correct Omega logo and hand size. The newer version with the red lettering has a completely wrong Omega logo script and the hads are shorter than they should be.

So after reading a lot of reviews, and looking at every detailed picture I could find, I think that the OM041 is probably the best and most accurate one currently available.

Anyway, check it out here:

http://www.asian7750.com/cn/product_show.asp?big_pid=&ps_id=103&P_id=446&ti=

Good luck.