When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New insert coming for me V5 DSSD....How do I change it?

perry563

Can someone tell me the best way to remove the current insert on my V5 DSSD and then replace it with a new impoved version from Eurotimz? Do I need to pop off the bezel (hope not!) or is there a way to remove the insert without taking off the bezel? Any help would be appreciated greatly!

If you're looking to save the old bezel insert, I found the easiest way was to remove the movement, push the crystal out from the inside, then stick an X-acto blade under the insert & gently pry it off.

If yo don't care about sparing the old insert, just pop the pearl off and pry it off with the tip of an X-acto.

I got the insert in the mail today. I give Chris alot of credit trying his best to make things right after sending me a less than great V5. BUT.......Does the latest insert that comes with the V5 have a sort of flat top pearl? It looks like its just a white piece of plastic as opposed to an actual pearl ala traditional subs etc. Can someone show me there V5 pearl?

I got the insert in the mail today. I give Chris alot of credit trying his best to make things right after sending me a less than great V5. BUT.......Does the latest insert that comes with the V5 have a sort of flat top pearl? It looks like its just a white piece of plastic as opposed to an actual pearl ala traditional subs etc. Can someone show me there V5 pearl?

Yes the DSSDv5 has a flat-topped white pearl, exactly as you describe.

If you're looking to save the old bezel insert, I found the easiest way was to remove the movement, push the crystal out from the inside, then stick an X-acto blade under the insert & gently pry it off.

If yo don't care about sparing the old insert, just pop the pearl off and pry it off with the tip of an X-acto.

This is easier said then done, I just ruined the tip of an X-acto trying to get my insert off. Any other tools that make this easier??

The problem is the original pearl which appeared to turn green once exposed to sunlight. I recieved the new insert and installed it with "gorilla glue".....just the smallest of drops from the end of a toothpick. The new insert is now fully recessed and looks much better than the original with the engraving slightly whiter and of course the white pearl. It would be nice though to have an insert with a more correct pearl. It looks as if the gen has a similar pearl as compared with the old model Sub and SD.....a pearl encased in a plastic bubble.