When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What about the new A7750 Aquatimers 2009?

AstroAvia

Did anyone order one yet? By the pictures at dealers' websites, how good a replication do you think they are?

From the dealers' websites I can see the subdials with correct concentric circles. The colour combinations are still not entirely correct, but the all black and black/yellow/silver versions seem pretty spot on. Bezel cut is still square, the all-black is PVD rather than rubber coated, the quality/accuracy of the strap quick release mechanism is unclear and the day-date wheels are standard (poor) asian, even though there have been positive developments in the area (carrera day-date, top gun).

Edited by AstroAvia

• 2 weeks later...

I have not ordered one yet but that is going to be my second rep I get. I do agree though the Blk/Yel Chrono looks pretty good to me. I have only found a couple dealers that have it though. And they seem to be going for about 350USD. Have found any dealer in particular to have a better quality that others?

There's a cheaper Asian 21j movement version for about $118 from Hont, Watcheden or whatever...but although it's got the more accurate subdial colouring on the orange (white instead of black/blue), it has cheaper construction and movement, the movement is totally inaccurate for the functions of the gen and no acrylic bezel ring insert which I think makes the watch.