When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Omega

dbutlerman

After reading Ubiquitous' Building the Ultimate 4th Gen 42mm PO: Completion I decided I needed to do something similar. So I hunted down a NOS 4th Gen 42MM Planet Ocean and it arrived today! Now I need to start bringing in the Genuine Parts...one at a time! If anybody has a gen bezel and insert, gen hands, or a gen dial laying around that they want want to sell let me know...Here are some pics, not all that great, but I am getting a little better :thumbsupsmileyanim:

p1000734w.jpg

p1000738.jpg

p1000746.jpg

After reading Ubiquitous' Building the Ultimate 4th Gen 42mm PO: Completion I decided I needed to do something similar. So I hunted down a NOS 4th Gen 42MM Planet Ocean and it arrived today! Now I need to start bringing in the Genuine Parts...one at a time! If anybody has a gen bezel and insert, gen hands, or a gen dial laying around that they want want to sell let me know...Here are some pics, not all that great, but I am getting a little better :thumbsupsmileyanim:

p1000734w.jpg

p1000738.jpg

p1000746.jpg

Nice find.

I'm having my 4th Gen modded at the moment.

So far I have had dial, hands and bezel all replaced with gen. Waiting on Crystal to arrive early next week. Back order for the HE Valve kit and Crown.

Once thats done I will post a thread here. If anybody is looking for a great modder in the UK, as I don't have the capabilities, give Wayward as PM, Top bloke

Where does one hunt down a 4th gen PO?

I've heard that none of the dealers have them unless it's stock that they don't know is 4th Gen and it gets mixed in with the others.

Am I correct in believing (from reading many posts), that the latest version is not quite as good as the 4th Gen?

Rob