When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches & Clothing

ammandel

None of you guys seemed too interested in this in the wrist check, although I know you guys are interested in it really. So lets give this its own thread.

I think combining watches with clothing is a particular importance, I couldnt for example wear my nice purple Armani fitted shirt then my large Breitling, it wouldnt fit under the cuff and would colour clash.

But this looks pretty good:

3807889352_a1e1931e75_o.jpg

As stated in the wrist check, Armani black jeans, Green Lyle & Scott Polo. GMT IIc

With that said, show me what you're wearing with your watches, let me know your favourite combos and ways of emphasising the style and theme of the watch your wearing!

This is your opportunity to really show your style guys!

This is that I've been wearing today:

IMG_0579.jpg

I cut down the pants myself to make shorts, and when I went to post some mail, I wore a long sleeved white shirt with blue stripes as a jacket of sorts :)

(yes, I am fully dressed again as I write this post :lol: )

I am not that clothes conscious, so I do not have many pics that highlight them.

But here is a wristie that might fit (no pun intended)

stripedsleeves0761.jpg

A pair of my shoes (Lobb) did get used as props in a couple of wristies

stripedsocks030d1.jpg

lobbsrolex0141.jpg

And do not forget that no member of the gentile class would consider his ensemble complete unless it left his admirers' noses tingling with the merest hint of just the right scent as he sashays around the room

60340011.jpg

But, for me, generally, when not working, my typical garb is likely to consist of a t-shirt, Levis, 'Bans, a steel Rolex & a pair of Purcells

Image31-2.jpg

Tailor that.

Guys, this is EXACTLY the type of stuff I've been lookin for! :)

@TJ I like it, very modern yet rugged styling there and the beaten up Sub goes with the outfit well!

@Freddy; While I couldn't rock it, I love your style with large hints of 'informed' and sophisticated gentlemens vintage class ;)

Great stuff, hopefully we'll keep the additions rolling here!, I'll post one of my favourite combos with my Breitling within the next day or so

Guys, this is EXACTLY the type of stuff I've been lookin for! :)

@TJ I like it, very modern yet rugged styling there and the beaten up Sub goes with the outfit well!

Thanks, it was fun to do :) It's too hot to be wearing anything else at the moment :lol: The combats/shorts are from material about the same thickness of a button-down shirt, so much cooler than a pair of jeans :) Indeed, I think the Sub goes perfectly, and when seen with the wardrobe, conveys exactly what I'd planned when building/modifying it: Functionality, but complete inconspicuousness/forgettability. I don't want anyone to even notice the watch, let alone give it a second glance and see the R Word on the dial :D If I wanted something 'shiny and attractive', I'd've gone with a modern watch :) (I'm even hoping to make my planned GMTIICSub as low-key as possible ;) )

@Freddy: As mentioned by Ammandel, that's just pure class :good: