When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

High cannon pin but ....

Clint Eastwood

Hello ,

i have two question for my future vintage project :

-first: i don't remember the correct reference for high cannon pin and high hour wheel so if someone can give me again it will be nice as i plane to order it tomorow from cousinsuk. (i have do a search here but don't find it)

-second: i would like to know it it is exist more heigh pin than this one ? more high because i plane to use thick sandwich dial.

This wheel fit easily with asia unitas ?

Thanks for all the help !

Guest HaloArchive

It is the H3 cannon pin :)

Yes, the H3 will be a direct fit as far as gearing etc. It will get the hands to the required height and will get rid of that noticeable gap.

Thanks for answer halo

Yes, i know it is h3 cannon pin, but do you know the complete ref ? to order from cousins as i don't find it and the web site is very very slow.

if i asked if it always fit it is because the one i have use before don't always work, the hands stop to moove for 20 or 30 minutes but the movement always run, it result of a lake of friction because the hole on the H3 pin is a little bit to big so don't catch enough.

I search more heigh than the H3 because no hands available have enough heigh tube on it; what i need is pin enough heigh, like, if you know, the heigh ones i have on my angelus movements.

thanks for the help

CousinsUK description: (Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are the correct ones!)

Unitas 6497 250 Hour Wheel Height 2.15 - UT6497250H215

Unitas 6497 240 Cannon Pinion Height 3.15 - UT6497240H315

The Angelus canon pinion is about 5.3mm; you won't find a Unitas one this length, unless you have a watchmaker extend the pinion manually. Hope this helps!

CousinsUK description: (Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these are the correct ones!)

Unitas 6497 250 Hour Wheel Height 2.15 - UT6497250H215

Unitas 6497 240 Cannon Pinion Height 3.15 - UT6497240H315

The Angelus canon pinion is about 5.3mm; you won't find a Unitas one this length, unless you have a watchmaker extend the pinion manually. Hope this helps!

Always present to help me, thanks R !

I will do the order today to have it after my holidays.

The good heigh i would like will be beetween angelus and H3, around 4mm, but this one willbe enough to mod.

(I cannot access to repgeek since yeserday night, is it the same for others here ? )