When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date change clicks 1/2 way over

highoeyazmuhudee

Would anyone happen to know why a 2836 would click the date 1/2 over 16hours into the day then completes the full click over at 24hours? instead of just at 24hours.

im trying to fit the hands for midnight click over and when i scroll through the day in time setting posistion this happens. this IS a clone movement btw. maybe thats normal for clones? but i wouldnt think so.

thanks all

I removed the dial and the overlay, staring at the bare datewheel only make it between dates until it gets dragged over the spring and locked in the rest of the way 8 hours later. Its like the spring that pushes it to click over in one motion doesnt have enough stored energy to complete its job.

well i fixed it. i bent the wishbone looking spring further apart to offer the ability to store more energy before it snaps the date over and that seemed to give it the release it needed to push the wheel the FULL date ahead. also reshaped the little triangle spring that interacts with the date wheel sprocket as it appeared to be bent too far upwards. Hopefully this is a lasting solution. The quality of the asian clones are very rough compared to my genuine eta, i only learned this once i disassembled it.

thanks for your interest The Zigmeister and taking the time to offer your help.

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

Good to hear you got it fixed. I hope it's a permanent solution, the movement is very sensitive to any added power loss, making the spring more stiff will cause more power loss for the 17 hours that the calendar is charging up as it's running. This may cause running problems for the balance wheel. It would be better if you could identify the actual cause, and fix this, instead of having to make the spring harder.

And yes, these asian copies are not well finished, some are just terrible...

hmm, DIDNT think of that.

I did notice before tinkering with the spring that the wheel that flips the date wheel to advance (date corrector?) raises at about a 10 degree angle. is this normal or some plate not holding the date corrector down thus losing some energy in the incorrect angle?