When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hey Guys What Could Be The Problem With The Hands.

hey guys what could be the problem with the hands on my asian 21j airking ?

i just received a r@lex airking from one of our dealers ( i wont mention his or her name cause we are in the process of working this lil problem out ) .

but as soon as i opened the plastic wrapper & held the watch to examen it i noticed the hour & minute hands wobbleing as i moved the watch up & down :bounce::( ..

have any of you guys had this problem before ?

what would be the cause of the minute & hour hands wobbleing , but the seconds hand is working fine ! other than that the watch is a beautiful :wub: .

i e-mailed the dealers & asked him if he wanted me to ship back the watch or send me a new dial , hands & movement & ill do the repair .

i have not open the watch cause im awaiting instruction from the dealer .

but just curious as to what could be the problem :g:

i decided to take the dam watch apart & found the dial feet not properly secured to the movement & tightend the dial feet screws & reinstall the hands :victory: & the watch is working great !

jay & angel offered to resend me a new watch those guys are very cool to deal with ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but i told them i repaired the watch my self & no need to resend new watch ..

105133-25268.jpg

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

Well it sounds as if your hands are loose on their pivots, I have never seen it before, but I know as long as I keep logging in everyday I will come across new and wonderful flaws on our reps :D

Ken

Ok this is a guess, but I would assume if you wiped a very little bit of silicon over the opening of the two hands they would then fit snug when pushed back on................but I would still take it to a watchmaker :)

Ken

:rolleyes: took the watch apart , refastend the dial feet to the movement , re-installed the hands ( the scariest part of the job :yuk: cause i always mess up :rolleyes:

but before i went to work this morning i repaired it & thank god i didnt bend the dam hands ! :bangin:

105604-25153.jpg

105604-25154.jpg

that was fun im kinda happy the watch came defective :yeah: that way i could practice my watch repairing skills :whistling:

A nice looking Rollie. Good taste!

I also bought my Air-King (silver dial with stick markers) from Jay& Angel.. It is definently one of my favourites, a humble, stylish watch!

you cant beat there prices ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

i thought i was going to receive a canal st special , but there asian watches are of much better quality !

so far she's keeping great time ! :victory: