When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch Bracelet Question...

dbutlerman

Hi RWG -

I just recently purchased a 42mm 4th Gen Planet Ocean and it's great except for one thing...the bracelet is a pain in the butt to adjust. It uses a combination of pin's and tubes to attach the adjustable links together. I have all the right tools to do the job myself (two different styles of pin pressing tools) and they work to get the pin mostly out, at which point you are supposed to use a pair of pliers to pull the pin out the rest of the way. However, this is nearly impossible to do. Maybe it's just my particular piece, but :black_eye: , jeesh! So...on with my question. In the process of pulling 2 Links and 1 Half-Link I managed to break most of the pins. I had enough to reassemble the bracelet, but one of the pins broke at a point long enough to work, but just barely. It's just making me kind of nervous that the pin may slip and send the watch crashing to the floor. (the pin reaches 2mm into each side of the link, compared to the 4mm that it should reach) I went to Ofrei to buy a new pin, but they only seem to sell it in a kit of 70 or so pieces of varying size for $35. I am hoping that I can buy just the one from somebody on the board. Here are the specs on what I need:

Tube outer diameter = 1.20mm

Pin length = 18mm

Hopefully somebody has one out there and can help a brother out...or if somebody knows where I could acquire just the one or two that I need vs buying enough for everybody on RWG, RWI, and Repgeek :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks

-D