When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hont to the EU?

anics

Hey all

Anyone dealt with hont shipping to the EU via DHL?

Is this a risky route?

I can't seem to beat his prices anywhere and although I'd prefer an EU based dealer we are talking a serious amount of money saved! Well over 100GBP

Appreciate any advice...

Thanks

A

I have had a great experience with Hont and him shipping to EU. However, I asked for EMS shipping instead as I believe this method is more reliable when it comes to customs.

The first watch received had a movement AWOA (acting weird on arrival) - probably by rough postal treatment - no problems to send it back for replacement and him paying for the 2nd EMS shipping (with no hesitation). Both times the shipping was fast, about 4 working days.

He also has a policy that he will send replacement if seized by customs, but have no experience with that.

Another big plus about him is that he does not dropship - he will provide pics of the actual watch prior to shipping if you ask him to.

/modelizer.

I've had a mixed experience with Hont..

The Bad:

First of all, his prices are fair, but he only ships with DHL/EMS, which makes his shipping prices very high. I hate DHL, it's actually slower and IMO riskier than regular airmail, the package went through a very weird route, with way too much custom checks on the way.

The way I've ordered from him: I showed him the exact watch I want in different websites, and asked if he could make it cheaper. I told him many times that I want that exact watch with swiss ETA quartz movement, and he assured me that indeed its the exact same watch. The watch I got was a bit different. The logo was printed differently than what the pics on other sites shown, and the movement I got was a Japanese quartz, and not ETA. I asked him about that, he's claim was that this is the watch all the websites sell at the moment, and the one shown in the pics is not available anymore.

The Good:

Communication was great all the way, he replied all my e-mails, and usually pretty fast. After clearing payment, he sent the watch right away.

The watch itself (apart from the logo thing), is great. Works perfect, with all the functions of the gen, as promised.

I prefer other cheap dealers like: Narikaa (my default dealer), Time4Direct (PWC) or Watch Eden.