When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My POrikaa is unwell :(

royler_g

So, I finally started wearing my POrikaa regularly about 3 weeks ago. Before that, I was waiting for a rubber strap and having vacation, so I didn't bother. I really like the watch, which even though it has its flaws compared to gen it is really a bang for the buck. I have been very careful with it so I was very surprised to notice the other day that something has come loose inside the watch :( (I own two of these watches so it's easy to compare. I know automatic watches sound a little bit but not at all like this). It can be heard when you turn over or tilt the wrist and it is a combination of a whiny / scratchy noise with the sound of a loose ball bearing or metal pin. Like something has come loose and is falling around in there. The clock was still running yesterday. Haven't checked today so I don't know if it is still able to wind itself and if the problem is then only "cosmetical" even though the sound is fairly high and sounds generally unhealthy.

Since I'm new to the replica scene, I am in need of some guidance.

1. Should I expect some guarantee in cases like this?

2. If not, is there anything else I can / should do?

I don't really want to wear it in this condition even if it

shows that it is still able to tell time, since the noice is

really noticeable.

Some tips would be appreciated.

/royler_g

If you have a rep friendly watch repair shop close by, maybe see if they can at least open the case to inspect the movement. Or... If you have a case opener, you can do this yourself. If you can visually identify a problem with a loose piece, it may be easy enough to fix (i.e. maybe the rotor screw came loose); if it's not something that can be resolved with a simple repair, you can query the forum for opinions/suggestion on what to do next...

Well, so I finally took the time this morning to sit down in peace and quiet and open the watch. Luckily I had purchased a basic set of watch tools before, so I had a case back opening too as well as tweecers and screwdrivers. I could quickly see what was wrong. The rotor screw had come loose, so both the screw and the rotor were loose and making noice. I took my time and managed to fit the screw back in its position without too much hassle. Te sealing rubber gasket got stuck when I closed the case back, but luckily I saw it and I could open it back up and place it neatly in position.

Overall a very successful ending to this, and even though it wasn't a very tricky mechanical problem, I still feel pretty proud that I dared to open it up and fix the problem. It feels good for the future.

Now the next step is to get the guts to remove the crystal and send it away for an AR job. How tricky is that (providing I buy a crystal removing tool)? Is there a step by step guide somewhere that I can view? Preferably resembling the POrikaa as much as possible. I have seen a few guides on here but they are all old forum links which do not work anymore :(

/royler_g