When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thick Strap Question for Skyland Owners

chrono_lover

Here's a question for all you Skyland owners out there. How do you fit your thick straps? The distance from the spring bar to the case isn't very much and it's all I can do to get any of my thick (5mm+) straps to mount. Even when I do manage to get one mounted, the spring bar pops very easily with any rotation of the strap.

You might have a short springbar in there. You can go to any el-cheapo watch repair shop and get them to fit a bigger springbar.

With a leather strap (I don't have the bracelet on mine), I just use a wide fork blade on a Bergeon springbar tool to compress the strap to fit/remove the springbar. This has always been secure.

Where I run into problems is if the STRAP is a bit narrow between the lugs (e.g. lug spacing is 22mm, and the strap is 21mm or shy of 22mm), then the wiggle between the lug horns can pop the springbar with a bit of sideways pull (e.g. pulling on/off a tight cuffed jacket).