When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Love My New Tag Link Chrono But......

crystalcranium

Not to [censored] all over one of the better reps out there but I am a bit underwhelmed by a couple of things. The lack of an anti-reflective coating on the crystal is a major shortcoming with this rep. The dial is intricate and beautiful but the crystal catches every bit of light and shoots it back.

The other issues are separate from the replication and have to do with the mechanical reliability of the new asian 28,000 bph 7750. This one came out of the box unable to reset to 12:00 on the stopwatch second hand. Thanks to Joshua the Guru, he gave me a quick fix. I wound the watch fully and let it run for a day and then wound it fully again. I let the chrono second hand run to the 30 second mark and then reset it. I did this about 10 times. Lo and behold, the second hand resets now at 12:00 on the mark. No need for a return or a repair. This is the second watch I have with the new 7750 and there is another quirk in it's operation. When timing events, the chrono minute timer in both watches flips forward to the next minute when the second hand is at about 58 seconds. It is possible to be off by a minute when stopping the second hand at this point ie: an actual 8 minute 58 second interval will read 9 minutes and 58 seconds. Pretty minor stuff but I dont know what it says about the overall reliability. Time will tell.

In all, it's impressive as hell but the chrono problem right out of the box took a little of the shine off Christmas morning for me!!

105425-25219.jpg

We're never satisfied. :p

You're agree a ar coated crystal would be very welcome specially for black and blue dials.

As for chrono issue you know every movement is a single story and lucky is decisive but it seems pretty reliable so far.

I wish replica were all beatiful like that.

We're never satisfied. :p

You're agree a ar coated crystal would be very welcome specially for black and blue dials.

As for chrono issue you know every movement is a single story and lucky is decisive but it seems pretty reliable so far.

I wish replica were all beatiful like that.

Actually, within the last half an hour, I discovered a screw missing from the fold over lock for the bracelet. I'm sure Josh will make good on replacement, but I wonder if I got something of a lemon here :blink:

ehmm better check screws as soon as we get replica.

r11co had a similar problem if i'm not mistaken

Yup. The clasp screw is an issue with these, as I posted about here. The good news is replacements are plentiful and relatively easy to get hold of.

As for the chrono issue, I never noticed before but mine does the same thing!!! A minor annoyance though, and not an issue if you are aware of it. It doesn't detract from this rep in particular though as it's a 7750 issue. I'm keeping my eyes open on the 'Bay for a decently priced ETA/Valjoux, as I really think this case and band deserve it.....

PS. AFAIK the gen isn't AR coated....

PPS. It's known that the 7750 (genuine and rep) will suffer from misalignments if the chrono and/or date change are operated when the power reserve is low. The full wind trick is something recommended to the owners of real 7750's!!!

Edited by r11co

Yup. The clasp screw is an issue with these, as I posted about here. The good news is replacements are plentiful and relatively easy to get hold of.

As for the chrono issue, I never noticed before but mine does the same thing!!! A minor annoyance though, and not an issue if you are aware of it. It doesn't detract from this rep in particular though as it's a 7750 issue. I'm keeping my eyes open on the 'Bay for a decently priced ETA/Valjoux, as I really think this case and band deserve it.....

PS. AFAIK the gen isn't AR coated....

PPS. It's known that the 7750 (genuine and rep) will suffer from misalignments if the chrono and/or date change are operated when the power reserve is low. The full wind trick is something recommended to the owners of real 7750's!!!

Excellent tip. I still have the bar as you did so finding a small screw to hold it in place should be easy.

Both my New Tag and Breitling GT have the "jumping minute hand" issue. It's actually no big deal and is obviously a movement associated quirk. Leave it to an obsessive compulsive to find it.

I love this f*&%ing site!!! :yeah:

Awww....poor baby......that's what happens when you only stump up $200+ instead of $2000+.....you get disappointed....that you've only got a $200 lemon when everyone else has a $2000 lemon.....I can't imagine how you'd feel if you'd bought an original.

Nope...gen isn't AR coated.....!

Edited by TTK

Awww....poor baby......that's what happens when you only stump up $200+ instead of $2000+.....you get disappointed....that you've only got a $200 lemon when everyone else has a $2000 lemon.....I can't imagine how you'd feel if you'd bought an original.

Nope...gen isn't AR coated.....!

I'd feel......HOMICIDAL!!!!!!!

Actually, last week I was something less than sympathetic to another who lost $500 to "Disappearing Angus" saying "Yo dude, this is the cost of doing business" and now I'm whining about a missing 0.0005 cent screw and a quirky movement. No wonder I drink!!! :Jumpy:

I'd feel......HOMICIDAL!!!!!!!

Actually, last week I was something less than sympathetic to another who lost $500 to "Disappearing Angus" saying "Yo dude, this is the cost of doing business" and now I'm whining about a missing 0.0005 cent screw and a quirky movement. No wonder I drink!!! :Jumpy:

You are right dude ! :3a:

We should all never complain about anything and just hand over our cash and be happy with whatever crap we get ...... just like like a [censored] !! :bangin:

Your previous posts sounded like you were a non-[censored] ..... but then for some reason, you turned into a [censored] ..... you are right, no wonder you drink !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You are right dude ! :3a:

We should all never complain about anything and just hand over our cash and be happy with whatever crap we get ...... just like like a [censored] !! :bangin:

Your previous posts sounded like you were a non-[censored] ..... but then for some reason, you turned into a [censored] ..... you are right, no wonder you drink !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I consider all "operator servicable" repairs as par for the replica course. As for the tone of your post, who's doing the dringing????? :p

An update, a screw in my Bentley GT bracelet I swapped out for a BOB strap fit the bill PERFECTLY for the Tag clasp repair. And thanks to By-Tor for his tutorial on how to size a Tag bracelet. I would have had NO idea!!!!