When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beginmariner from Josh keeps stopping

Jit

Dear members. I have a beginmariner from Josh at PC. I have had the watch since January this year and have had no problems with it to date. During the last week I have noticed that it stops running every no and then. I wind the watch every Sunday (about 25-30 winds)

Does anybody know why this problem is happening or what I can do.

I wear the watch everyday and even at night so the watch does get movement from my wrist on a daily/regular basis.

On another note I am considering buying a V5 DSSD from ET and was wondering if anyone has encountered the problem I have with my beginmariner on the ET DSSD?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Many thanks and best wishes,

Jit.

The Beginmariner is a great watch as long as the movement keeps working. It has the chinese DG2813 movement in there and it can last a few days or a few years. After 7-8 months, maybe a simple servicing/cleaning might get you going again, or you may have to do a movement swap. Either way, I would figure you need to find a watchmaker that will work on reps. Or buy another Beginmariner- maybe you'll have better luck the second time around. This is the big drawback to buying reps w/ chinese movements in them- the movements aren't that great.