When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

side by side pics? of Brown vs Black dials

pdnb

since I have never seen a brown dial, i'm trying to get a feel how a brown dial looks. The only way to tell (IMO) is if is side by side with a known dial color (black). a lot of the times you can't even tell in pictures and wondering how subtle or apparent the brown colors tend to be. My motivation for my question is that I am looking at Titanium cases, which most have brown dials. I am wondering if I could ask DSN to franken a black dial with a Ti case (I know there are some GEN combos with Ti and Blk combos).

Thanks!

You don't have to make a "fantasy" model (Franken means that the watch contains genuine parts), the 177H is a titanium cased black dial watch. Tobacco (brown) dials go great with titanium cases, you really have to have one in hand to appreciate the look, though. Plus the tobacco/titanium combo can limit your strap selection - so I'd say buy both :)

You don't have to make a "fantasy" model (Franken means that the watch contains genuine parts), the 177H is a titanium cased black dial watch. Tobacco (brown) dials go great with titanium cases, you really have to have one in hand to appreciate the look, though. Plus the tobacco/titanium combo can limit your strap selection - so I'd say buy both :)

D-

Thanks for the clarification on franken vs fantasy. Yes Im aware of the 177, im really debating between 27b or 57. I think I want a 27/28b dial in Ti case. I think I may want a black dial for more wearing versatility... and if I drop the money for that... i'm not getting another pam :) Now what do you think? get a straight up 57, 27, or 28?

The DSN 57 hasn't been released yet, but I believe it is due to be out in a couple of weeks. In the mean time here are some pics of a nice tobacco/ti combo. Sure it's only an homage, but I still love that deep rich brown colour of the tobacco dial. As for the 57, 27, or 28 question - I am obviously biased in that area :) I'm waiting for the 57 to be released, it may be my first non "seconds at 9" PAM.

NOTE: The reflection in the crystal of first picture is the top of an unfinished light box, sorry about that.

med-IMG_0009.jpg

med-IMG_0013.jpg

med-IMG_0014.jpg