When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Help with Broken GMT2 Rep

hundy200x

My GMTIIC(IHS) had a similar problem about three months ago. I took it to a local repairer to find out that the rotor had come loose. It was an easy fix and the watch worked great until a week ago. Now it has stopped and cannot be wound???. The repairer said something has broken in the movement and has quoted $220AUD (approx $180US) to repair it, he said that he will need to order Gen ETA 2836-2 parts to fix the clone ETA movement??. I'm not happy, but I guess i have no choice but to have him fix it.

BTW - The dealer who sold me the watch said the loose rotor was a common problem with the copy ETA 2836-2 movements....???

I hope your watch is the loose rotor problem.....good luck.

Lump.

As above, if you're not familiar with movements, definitely best to take it to a professional or send it back...

I heard a rattling in my wife's DJ after it took a hit when the bracelet failed, thinking it would just be a loose rotor (which technically, it was) I opened the caseback to put it back in place. The only problem was the entire auto-wind assembly had self-destructed, and I was faced with several very small cogs and gears :bangin::wounded1:

Best of luck getting it taken care of :):good: