When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shnooped! The Accutron 26C02 Chronograph mini-review.

tomhorn

I was lucky enough to see Avitt's heads-up on Shnoop offering the Accutron 26C02 Chronograph w/ an ETA 7750 engine.

Thanks Avitt!

I have to give props to Shnoop. Ordered on the night of the 2nd, and signed for it today. That's great service!

On to the unboxing ...

Not much (actually no) packing material ... :eek:

accutron_box1.jpg

Outer box was in great shape though.

accutron_box2.jpg

Piano Black inner box.

accutron_box3.jpg

First look. NICE!

accutron_box4.jpg

Warranty Card and Instructions were included. Hang tag has an MSRP of $1,025. Of course it's inflated, but still hard to believe I picked this up for $286 delivered ... :D

accutron_group.jpg

The watch is quite the stunner. Although I had seen one in an AD, I had never tried one on. It's a 42mm case, and 15mm thick. The guilloche dial texturization is really beautiful. Normally I would prefer this type of texturization on a white dial, but it looks great in black too.

accutron_closeup.jpg

Another shot showing the dial texturazation taken outdoors. The watch has decent AR. I've always been bad at determining whether or not AR is single or double, but I'm guessing it's double. Appears to be as good as my BCE and Ebel 1911. Nice onion-style crown, and the pushers feel solid when operating the chrono.

accutron_deck.jpg

There is a display caseback to show off the 7750. Basic decoration on the rotor, which moves freely and starts the watch up from a complete stop very quickly. Rotor isn't totally silent, but much better than most of my A7750's. The strap is a croc embossed leather, with a dual deployment clasp. It's a little stiff out of the box and appears to be 20mm. IMO it's the weakest part of the watch.

accutron_back.jpg

The obligatory wristy. I know many will think this watch is too small, but 42mm cases just fit my 6.75" wrist well.

accutron_wristy.jpg

I'm terrible with lume shots, but the hands have decent lume and there are small dots at the hour markers.

Originally I intended to just buy the watch to use as a donor for my IWC 3717, but it's so nice I'm not sure I can bear to do it ... :D

For those of you that also jumped in, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when it arrives. Well done Accutron and Shnoop!

Congrats on the successful buy, Tomhorn!

I had mine shipped to work, so I should be getting it on Tue. After your review, I may also have difficulty ripping it apart to use as a donor...